Yup Im a newbie & i'm a bit green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup Im a newbie & i'm a bit green

Howdy from beautiful Cape Fair MO! Im a newbie both on here & to quilting/sewing in general. In High school I had my dad go down to the administration & get me out of our sewing class (part of home ec) because I was soooooo bad & it was bringing down my GPA. Ever since I've been terrified of sewing. But last week I dove in head first bought myself & my youngest daughter new sewing machines. My mom, my oldest daughter, my youngest daughter & me are making family heirlooms and having some fun too designing little people stuff, tutu's, digital gear cases, quilts, handbags etc. Well that's the goal anywho...so some free fabric would be AAAAHHHHMAAAZZZINNNNGGGG!

so please please please...pick me (did I mention pick me please???)

Re: Yup Im a newbie & i'm a bit green

Welcome to the forum. So happy to hear you are giving sewing and quilting another chance. Just take your time and have FUN making your projects. Our projects get better with practice. I recommend you look on the MSQC site at the fantastic pre-cuts (they have their own category), and watch some of the tutorials using the precuts. The Disapparing Nine Patch makes a great looking quilt and it's so simple....great for a beginner. Happy to have you join us....Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi. I'm new to sewing and quilting, too, and found the precuts very easy to work with. I've also found some nice fabric and pretty sheets at thrift stores. The tutorials here have helped a lot so I recommend watching all of them for tips and inspiration. Cheers!

Comment

Thanks Ya'll! I'm very excited and wanna say thanks for pointing me in good directions to get started!!!

Comment

Welcome!! Sounds like you definitely have the sewing bug. Have fun with your projects.
          Susan

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey! Have fun!
            There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Welcome to the Forum. You will love it here. It is wonderful that three generations will be sharing this wonderful hobby together!

Comment

Welcome from Canada. Enjoy!
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                X