Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from St. Joe!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hello from St. Joe!

    Hi, I just joined this site. I've been quilting for about eight years. I've machine stitched and hand quilted all of my ninety-some quilts. I'm trying to teach myself to machine quilt. I must confess, I am a fabric-aholic. I love fabric. I sew and quilt because I enjoy it and it is a great stress reliever.

    #2
    Re: Hello from St. Joe!

    Welcome! So that's about one a month?? impressive!
    I've been quilting, well since I was in my teens (40+ years ago) but only recently tried FMQ. I've hand quilted off and on for years and did simple machine quilting. Sewing and quilting is my stress-reliever too. It's my time for me.
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

    ― Albert Pine

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Hello from St. Joe!

      Originally posted by Schoolmarm View Post
      Hi, I just joined this site. I've been quilting for about eight years. I've machine stitched and hand quilted all of my ninety-some quilts. I'm trying to teach myself to machine quilt. I must confess, I am a fabric-aholic. I love fabric. I sew and quilt because I enjoy it and it is a great stress reliever.
      Hoping you are from Missouri - I'm nearby!! Do you belong to the Piece Corps Quilt Guild?
      Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
      it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

      "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Hello from St. Joe!

        Hello from Missouri and Welcome. I am impressed with all your quilts done in the past 8 years! Wow! you have been busy! You probably have much to teach some of us! Enjoy the site.

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Hello from St. Joe!

          Hi there from New Hampshire. Can't wait for you post some pics of all those quilts! Welcome to the forum.
          When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

          Comment


            #6
            Re: Hello from St. Joe!

            Welcome to the forum. Are you in St. Joseph, MO? Like you, I was a dyed-in-the-wool hand quilter until I realized there are so many more quilts I want to make and would never have the time to hand quilt. I'm also learning to machine quilt. You will find a lot of help from this group. Visit often....Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com


            Scottie Mom Barb

            Comment


              #7
              Re: Hello from St. Joe!

              Welcom from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. Would love to see some pictures of those quilts. Learning from an expert such as you must be fun too.
              sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

              Michèle

              Comment


                #8
                Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                Only 12 have been larger than toddler size. LOL Thanks!
                Originally posted by bakermom View Post
                Welcome! So that's about one a month?? impressive!
                I've been quilting, well since I was in my teens (40+ years ago) but only recently tried FMQ. I've hand quilted off and on for years and did simple machine quilting. Sewing and quilting is my stress-reliever too. It's my time for me.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                  I am from MO. I don't belong to any guild. I don't hand quilt small enough to be accepted into any guild. I have carpal tunnel.
                  Originally posted by Sandy Navas View Post
                  Hoping you are from Missouri - I'm nearby!! Do you belong to the Piece Corps Quilt Guild?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I feel I have much more to learn from all of you than I have to teach anyone. My six year old grandduaghter is wanting to learn, though. I probably know enough to teach her how to start, anyway!
                    Originally posted by SuzyQue View Post
                    Hello from Missouri and Welcome. I am impressed with all your quilts done in the past 8 years! Wow! you have been busy! You probably have much to teach some of us! Enjoy the site.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                      I tried to start an album, but sadly all my photos were rejected for being too big. I'll have to take some time later on, to reduce their size. Most have been either trip around the world or rail ( I think it's called.) I've not ventured into the intricate patterns. Thanks for the welcome.
                      Originally posted by quilter.martha View Post
                      Hi there from New Hampshire. Can't wait for you post some pics of all those quilts! Welcome to the forum.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                        Thank you so much! I have many charity quilts I have made the tops for, and most require machine quilting to be donated. So I'm making myself learn. I still love the look of hand quilting.
                        Originally posted by Bubby View Post
                        Welcome to the forum. Are you in St. Joseph, MO? Like you, I was a dyed-in-the-wool hand quilter until I realized there are so many more quilts I want to make and would never have the time to hand quilt. I'm also learning to machine quilt. You will find a lot of help from this group. Visit often....Barb

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                          Originally posted by Schoolmarm View Post
                          I am from MO. I don't belong to any guild. I don't hand quilt small enough to be accepted into any guild. I have carpal tunnel.
                          Oh, dear Schoolmarm - you don't have to do anything to be accepted into this guild. All you have to do is show up. We have a lot of people with carpal tunnel and we have a lot of less than perfect hand quilters (starting with me). I'm going to send you a private message with details of the next meeting and you need to be there - look me up or call me and I'll come pick you up and take you ! So there!!!!!
                          Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                          it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

                          "...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                            Welcome from Canada. Enjoy your time here!
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: Hello from St. Joe!

                              Welcome from Connecticut! That sure is an impressive number of quilts. I have never counted mine....hummmm.....and haven't even taken pictures of some. Quilting is my stress reliever too.
                              Susan

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X