Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

I am new to this site but not new to quilting/sewing. I love to sew and quilt and this site is so addicting I can not get enough. I absolutely love the tutorials it has opened up so many ideas for me!

I have 4 children and 5 grandchildren, Angie age 25, Brittany age 23, Megan age 19 and Ryan age 16. My grandchildren are Hailee age 3, Isabella age 2, twins Emma and Ellie age 19 months and baby Jayden age 4 months . And all of them need new quilts for Christmas!!

So so glad I came across this site!! Anyway just wanted to introduce myself oh and by the way my name is Renee and I live in Florida but I am from Maine just transplanted in Florida in 1981.

Re: Hello

Hi Renee, and a big welcome from the UK. You will love this site everyone are so friendly. Lots of inspiration and talented quilters.
    See you around.
    Best wishes. x

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. Ahhhh....more grandchildren....wish I had some of those. How ambitious to make them all quilts for Christmas. Please post pics here!

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! Just love the grandkids. Hope you are able to get those quilts done....so I suspect you will be using pre-cut fabrics and diving into the tutorials. Don't forget to take some photos of the finished quilts.
        Susan

Comment

Thanks I am currently working on a pink and black quilt for my daughter who will be 19 on the 17th and also her 8 year remission day on her birthday from cancer when she was 10. I was making it for myself and she saw it and fell in love with it so it will be hers when I get it done.Have a great day everyone!!

Renee

Comment

Hi Renee and welcome from Canada. I know your daughter will cherish that quilt for many years to come. What a wonderful gift. I belong to a group who make quilts for cancer patients. And congratulations to your daughter on her remission. I too am a cancer survivor going on 6 years now. Have fun here, there are so many talented and wonderful people willing to help with whatever you need.

Take care
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Originally posted by Monique View Post
              Hi Renee and welcome from Canada. I know your daughter will cherish that quilt for many years to come. What a wonderful gift. I belong to a group who make quilts for cancer patients. And congratulations to your daughter on her remission. I too am a cancer survivor going on 6 years now. Have fun here, there are so many talented and wonderful people willing to help with whatever you need.

Take care
              Thanks Monique, Glad to hear you are in remission!! We have lost so many family members to cancer it is an awful disease. What organization, I was thinking of making some lap quilts for kids with cancer at our local hospital for Christmas this year.
              What part of Canada are you in? My sister and her family live in Moncton NB

Renee
              Last edited by mommarivera; July 11, 2011, 07:46 AM. Reason: forgot to write something

Comment

Working...
              X