New to this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to this!

Hello, my name is Cindy and I am new to quilting. I have finished only two quilts, one of which I hand appliqued and quilted; the other I let someone else quilt on a long arm. That's a lot of work! I'm afraid I am going to be one of those quilters who love creating the tops but the handwork of quilting is not for me. I am also new to this forum writing so hope this gets to the right place. I would love to chat but I'm off to the grocery store. For the 4th I'm making homemade salsa and stuffed jalapenos. Can you tell that South Texas is my home?

Re: New to this!

Oh, I love homemade salsa... just can't do the HOT stuff. Can you tell I'm from Illinois??

I must agree that making the tops of quilts was my first love... and I would then hand them off to DD#1 who loved to "finish" them. But then I got into some free motion quilting and couldn't get over how wonderful a finished "blankie" felt. So. I've been finishing as I go with my own version of "lap quilting". all on a machine mind you. I like finished and done, now onto the next!!

Just as long as you enjoy what you are sewing, SEW ON-- and do drop in to let us see your creations. We love to hear about your quilting projects and share in the How to's.
    Come back often and tell us how your latest quilt is getting done. Granny
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. I love the piecing part the best, too......but as the tops stack up, must learn the rest of the process! Enjoy this site and sew what you love!

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! Love the salsa...hot is good! Welcome to the group.
        Susan

Comment

Welcome, Cindy, from New Jersey! Your stuffed jalepenos sound intriguing!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
          X