Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Oklahoma!

Hi everyone,

I just joined this lovely forum after browsing around a little. Everyone seems so nice, friendly and helpful. Great qualities in an online forum.

I have been all involved in stamping and cardmaking for the last several years and love it. I've sewed lots of clothes, tote bags and toys in my life, but would you believe I have never made a pieced quilt? I've made baby quilts where you buy the fabric panel and back it and put binding on it, but have never cut out little pieces and sewed them together. I can't quite believe it myself.

I think there has been a self-protective instinct at work maybe - I know how easy it is for me to get hooked on things like this. But for some reason, today while I was at Hancocks and Joann's looking for fabric to make twirly skirts for two little granddaughters, ages 3-1/2 and 5, I found myself looking at the quilting cutters and mats. Uh oh - and here I am joining this forum.

I can start small - right? I thought I would pick up a rotary cutter, a ruler and a small cutting mat. NO fabric right now. I have bags and buckets stashed from other sewing projects.

I'm looking forward to being inspired and learning a lot.

Annette

Re: Hello from Oklahoma!

Welcome from Connecticut! You certainly have enough to get started and I am sure you have some leftover fabric from some of your projects. This is a great site with lots of helpful, friendly people. I just love it here! The tutorials are a definite must too. Glad you joined.
    Susan

Comment

Welcome Annette from Canada. You most certainly joined a spectacular forum. Starting small? Is there such a thing? Just kidding you. Have fun and do enjoy your time here.
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Enjoy the addiction!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome!

I love this forum and the tutorials are wonderful. It's just a wonderful thing to do...planning quilts, buying fabric, sewing quilts, completing quilts.

Welcome again to a delightful place!

Comment

Welcome Annette from Missouri. You have found the best forum right off the bat. My advice is to get out your tools and dive in. If you want to start small, perhaps a table runner or placemats would be a good jumping off point. Enjoy and post often...Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I'm anxious to get started. I'm loving reading all the comments and watching the great tutorials.

Comment

Welcome Annette from Indiana! Forewarning...quilting it addicting! It's wonderful to make beautiful creations to give to someone or to keep yourself, but to also take pics and show them off to our wonderful quilting friends on this forum. I too have learned so much from this group and from the tutorials. Have fun with it and don't forget to share your projects with us.
                LIVE well, LAUGH often, LOVE much

Hugs, Pat

Comment

Welcome from Oklahoma too! hehe You will love this forum! Its fun, easy to navigate, the people are so much fun and the pictures are something i find time to look at too. You can find them in the gallery section. One of my favorite things to do in addition to checking out the daily deals and tutorials of course Have fun
                  Finished is way better than perfect! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hello Annette .... from Massachusetts!
                    Thrilled you are joining us. My best advice is to watch several of the tutorials. Pick one that excites you and start stitching.
                    Should you have any questions or need a helping hand, we are here to guide you through your new hobby.

Comment

Hello, Annette, from New Jersey! You can certainly start small - when I started I was new to sewing altogether, and had to buy lots of things you probably already have. You definitely need a cutting mat and rotary cutter, a ruler or two, and that's about it. Don't hesitate to ask questions and show off your creations!
                      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Working...
                      X