Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another new quilter (& member)

Hello everyone,

I discovered MSQC on YouTube as I'm sure many of you have, live and sew in Canada and have just finished my first quilt. I've sewn garments on and off since I was in my early teens but never tried quilting. I have to say that machine quilting a sandwich is not my favorite activity and am going to experiment with the Quilt As You Go techniques.

Off to muddle around in the forums to see what new fun stuff I can learn!
    Tabatha
    bendingpins.com

Re: Yet another new quilter (& member)

Goodmorning Tabatha,
    Welcome to the site, I have learned so much here.
    You will be hooked before long.
    I've been quilting for a couple of years now and have completely fallen for it.
    I'm from B.C. the Okanagan area.
    Tammy
    :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. You came to the right place to learn! Enjoy.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! I've just been reading about "quilt snobs" and am starting to feel a little sheepish and intimidated!
        Tabatha
        bendingpins.com

Comment

Welcome to the group! Please do not feel intimidated as our group has all levels of learning. The fun part is that after years of quilting, I am still hooked and still learning. Please feel comfortable in asking any question you'd like.
          Susan

Comment

Thank you Susan, I find it tremendously fun and freeing, I just wish I had more time for it. I keep hoping it'll rain. ;D
            Tabatha
            bendingpins.com

Comment

Welcome from Missouri....You will learn so much on this site. Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Canadian. And there are NO SNOBS here. They do not exist here at all. Enjoy this group, they really are a wonderful bunch of people.
                Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Ky Tabitha. I am with Monique. There are no snobs here at all. In fact this is the best forum out there. Everyone is so helpful with anything you want help with.No cattiness( if that's a word ha ha) We are all like family here.You will become addicted like the rest of us.Don't hesitate to jump right in. And remember we like pictures!!! Enjoy!!!
                  Rhonda

Comment

Welcome, Tabitha. You will love it here! As Rhonda said, it is like extended family. Quilters share a unique bond. As for learning, I find the more I learn, I more I realize I don't know!!! Now I'm gonna go check on your website!!!

Comment

Another welcome from Missouri. Jump in, the water is just fine! Nicest people around! Lots of knowledge. Lots of love! Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks you again everyone, for the tremendously warm welcomes! I'm looking forward to reading about all your quilts and adventures and getting to know you a little better!
                        Tabatha
                        bendingpins.com

Comment

Hi Tabatha, I'm new, too. Just joined this evening. Like you, I've sewed for years, but have never made a quilt. I have scads of leftover fabric, so I'm going to start with what my grandma called a "crazy quilt", made with whatever you have on hand.

Comment

BuggainOK, a crazy quilt sounds like fun! Have your considered the quilt as you go method for this? It seems MUCH easier than wrangling a quilt of any size through your sewing machine.
                            Tabatha
                            bendingpins.com

Comment

Working...
                            X