Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another New Quilter

Hi all,

I am a new quilter. I've made three now. The first one took forever, and I finally asked my mom to help me finish it. The second quilt my mom designed and I cut and sewed. The third was all my own--okay I did get a little advice from Mom about my design. Thanks to MSQC I have a nice little quilting queue. I love the deal of the day and the tutorials.

I’ve been trying to figure out how to take my quilting along when I go camping. So far, I’ve settled for taking books about quilting techniques and history and trying a little hand quilting . . . I was pleasantly surprised that I kind of liked it (I’ve always admired hand stitching but not been fond of doing it myself).

I’m looking forward to learning more through this community. Thanks for sharing!

Re: Another New Quilter

Welcome! Have you thought about working on a cathedral window quilt while you're camping?
    “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! You can always make your quilts and sew your binding while camping....or.....try hand quilting.....or....bring a small portable sewing machine. So glad you joined and are hooked on quilting. You will also enjoy this site.
      Susan

Comment

Welcome from Vermont! Enjoy!
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome to the best quilting forum I've found online. I think you will really enjoy the ideas and help you get here. It's wonderful to hear that you are sewing your own designs. The only quilting I take along on trips is English paper piecing (hexagons), which takes up very little space and is a handy on-the-go project. Again, welcome....Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Cindy and welcome from Canada. Enjoy this group as they are the best bunch of people to hang with.
            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

I echo the previous quilters sentiments! And Bubby's suggestion to take English paper piecing is a great one. Very portable...fits nicely in a tupperware container. Welcome, Cindy!

Comment

Working...
              X