Greetings from the Last Best Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the Last Best Place

Hi there...I've been lurking and reading for several weeks and decided this morning I'd introduce myself and mostly say a big thank you for this incredible site. I'm Dee and I'm a fabriholic. I have been seriously quilting for about 10 years now and am a charter member of the best quilt guild in the world. We are all from the rural mountains of NW Montana so although there are miles between us we have found that our threads still attach us to each other. My partner and I are raising 2 grandchildren ages 15 and 10. We have had the kids for almost 11 years now so yes we started completely over with where we were going in our lives. So, now at 66 I'm at every sports event that occurs, helping in GS, VBS and car pooling my mini-van's wheels off. Quilting is my respit, my sanity, my inspiration and my passion. Sorry to be so long winded here! That's what happens when ya say *introduce yourself* LOL.
    Happy quilting, and thanks again for all the info, tips, everything...I just love this site and it has become yet another addiction.

Re: Greetings from the Last Best Place

Ewes, we sure like long-winded quilters here. Thanks for introducing yourself. Please feel free to jump in and share. We love pictures, grandchildren, fabriholics, and anything else to do with qu9ilting. Come back soon and often!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

Greetings from the Missouri Ozarks. You will be in good company here...I believe we're all fabriholics whether we admit it or not! You wil enjoy being a part of this group. Visit often......Barb
      sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome! I was able to see some of your beautiful state a few years ago. It is indeed a special place.
        “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Welcome, Ewes, from New Jersey! Aren't we lucky to have found quilting, and the MSQC site?? Would love to see pictures of your work!
          There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Glad you are here!
            ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome from north of the border. We all love this quilting thing and it is so great for you to introduce yourself. Stop by to chat and feel free to post some pics of your work!
              sigpic
              Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! Quilting is the bond that holds us all together. We have fun and hope you enjoy your quilting time.
                Susan

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the welcome. I will be posting some pictures soon. Looking forward to many pleasant hours here with you and a cuppa. Happy stiching!

Comment

Welcome Ewes and enjoy it here. This is the best place to be.
                    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from St. Louis MO - your thread now attaches you to many more quilters who will also enable your frabraholic tendencies!

Comment

Welcome! Taking time for yourself with sewing is something you deserve. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. You will love it here, that is for sure!

Comment

Working...
                        X