Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone~ I am Brand new to Quilting and already learning so much from everyone on these Forums and of course Jenny. I am taking her class and watching Tutorials. This is something I have always wanted to do and just never had the time. I am 51 and ready to start! I am a semi-Retired Grammy raising 2 of our grandaughters at the moment 2.5 and 1! I know why I had my children young!! This is my doing something for me time now...I cant wait to get meet many of you and continue on this journey!

Linda (AKA) Luvngrammy

Re: New Member

Welcome Linda from Canada. You most certainly picked a wonderful place to join. Everyone here is just amazing and always willing to help.

I am the same age as you and cudos for raising your granddaughters. Not an easy task. I also have a granddaughter who is 14 months and just the apple of eyes. My heart is just bursting with love for her.

I haven't been quilting very long myself and thoroughly enjoy it.

Take care and happy quilting.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. You must be busy. I don't think I'd have the energy to raise to little ones. Good for you. But I can see why you need a little "you" time. Quilting will be perfect for that. Enjoy the forum.
      ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Hi Linda and Welcome from the windy and hot state of Kansas!!
        You will learn alot from all the talented ladies here. Enjoy!
        PS We love PA!!!
        Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hello Linda, and welcome from New Hampshire. Good for you, doing something for you now! I am also the same age as you, but no grandchildren here yet. My kids are still in college. You'll really enjoy this forum. It's fun, inspiring and very helpful. So, enjoy your "you time" and don't hesitate to ask questions!
          When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Welcome, Linda. Also from NH and like you....(well, a bit older , am new to quilting and almost completely retired. I still co-facilitate a support for grandparents who are raising their children...we call them "Grandfamilies" so am somewhat familiar with the challenges and joys you are experiencing. I am a grandmother of two who live with daughter and her hubby, but I do understand how busy those little people can get. Congratulations for taking this on. You are a good woman and you have earned the time to do something for yourself!!! You will love this Forum.
            Happy Quilting!
            Cynthia

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. How exciting to begin quilting. My mother began to quilt at age 65 and made some beautiful quilts and wallhangings. Iit's never too late to begin. Quilting is a beautiful gift we give ourselves and it also blesses others. You will love being on this site - so many nice, helpful quilters. Don't be a stranger...jump in with both feet! Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Another Welcome Greeting coming from Kansas!!

My grand daughter (almost 3) is with me quite frequently, so I moved her toy box and tv/dvd near my sewing machine...she plays while I sew....perfect combination!! Of course, I have to make blankies for her babies almost weekely. (fleece and store bought binding works well...and quick so I can get on with my projects!!)
                ~Mary
                As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Welcome to the group! Come on in, sit downand relax for stitching good time!
                  Sewing mends the soul.
                  sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                  Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                  ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes today~ I am very excited that I found this Forum.

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! Whew you must be busy. I am planning on moving in with my daughter and son-in-law in the near future. They have two girls and one overly busy little guy. So I know my peaceful moments will soon disappear, but I am so looking forward to joining the noises of a house with children. Hope you have fun here.
                      Susan

Comment

Working...
                      X