Hey all I'm new too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all I'm new too

I joined these foroms in the past couple of weeks & have enjoyed the blogs. I'm currently in south central Kansas, little town of Pratt, Kansas. Came back "home" after 37 years to keep my mom company. She will be 95 next month. I've been sewing some 45 years now but pretty new to the quilting since retiring from KU on 09-09-09!!!!!! Shortly after that the little ALCO store & Walmart discontinued their fabric department. I WAS GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWALS!!!. A SMALL quilt shop has opened in Preston (much smaller than Pratt) about 15 miles up the road. Otherwise the closest fabric of ANY KIND is in Dodge City, Wichita, or Hutchinson which are all at least an hours drive from here. I TRUELY like the group for charity sewing. A really great way to give back for all the great things I have received over the years.

Thanks for having me in the group. Maybe I can get a meet up with other sewers in the Pratt area.

Oma
    aka: Mary Ann

Re: Hey all I'm new too

Welcome to the Forum, Mary Ann! You will love it here. Have you thought about getting fabric/supplies online? For example, MSQC is a great place....have you checked out the Daily Deal?

With you sewing for so many years, I bet you can teach us all something as well!
    Cynthia from NH

Comment

Welcome Mary Ann from New Hampshire! It must be hard not having any fabric shops close by. I've done very little ordering of fabric on-line, but there are some great places to get fabric from, including MSQC. I'm giving lots of thought to trying it with how expensive gas is becoming.

Good luck to you, and enjoy the forum.
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut. I am sure you will enjoy the forum immensely. I have bought on-line for years and have also gotten so many of the daily deals. They are great.
        Susan

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Glad to have y ou with us.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Mary Ann. You will find helpful, knowledgeable quilters here. Don't be a stranger.....Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome Fellow Kansanite!! (former Hoosier....Go Colts!!)

Wish I was closer to Pratt...we could quilt together, but I'm way up north in Kansas City.
              ~Mary
              As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

lol
                what little I do know I am more than glad to share. I am a real beginer on the "true" quilting stuff. My true passion is designing childrens clothes but i can't compete with the sale rack in walmart. & yes I have bought fabrics on line but there's something about the touchy feely!!!!!!!!!
                thanks for the reply.
                hugs
                Oma

Comment

10-4 on the cost of gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  I havn't bought from MSQC yet but intend to.
                  Thanks for the reply.
                  Oma

Comment

I didn't get on soon enough today to get the daily deal. MAN WHAT A BEAUTY THAT WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Thanks for the reply
                    Oma

Comment

Hey Barb. Thanks for the reply. I am stranger than most!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Next time I'm in Branson we need to meet up at a quilt shop & check out the purddies!!!!!
                      Oma

Comment

OH THAT WOULD BE SOOOOOOOOOOO FUN. You know we are from Lawrence. Just closing on the sale of our house. The 4 kids & 9... almost 10 grands are still in Lawrence. Don't know when we will get back "home" again. Just don't leave mom very long. Hope we can do a meet sometime. Would be a hoot!!!
                        Oma

Comment

Wish I was in Vermont now. TOO D... HOT IN KANSAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally got some rain last night... 2 1/2 inches... so that with the heat makes the humidity AWEFULL. Hard to breath. What did they do before central air!?!?!
                          Hugs
                          Oma

Comment

Welcome Mary Ann from Canada. I know you will enjoy your time here.
                            Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Working...
                            X