Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from NJ

Hi everyone,
    I wrote an intro but hit the wrong button and it disappeared into cyber space. ( I hope it did so I'm not repeating myself with this version.)

I'm a beginner and have been for years. I haven't pieced or quilted enough to graduate but am happy to be right where I am. I make smaller quilts since I refuse to shove a large quilt through a small machine. I don't worry too much about mistakes and look at them as learning experiences. Since I don't plan on becoming a professional quilter, I just chill and enjoy the ride for the enjoyment.

I love to machine appliqué using the buttonhole stitch and least love binding. I would like to get better at free motion but have not done it consistently it enough to stay good at it. I've been on a quilting run lately and have one quilt finished and three in various stages. One being bound, one waiting to be sandwiched and one waiting to be cut.

I really love, love, love seeing quilts that others have made...am in awe of the creativity of quilters! Even though I go through periods when I don't quilt, I pop my head in the quilting world to see the gorgeous quilts people are creating.

Re: Greetings from NJ

Hello Lindyjoe from New Hamsphire! I, too, least love binding a quilt. But I love it when it's finished! Enjoy the forum; it's really a great place for inspiration!
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hello, Lindyjoe, from Malaga, New Jersey!

WE LOVE PICTURES on this site! Enjoy the gallery and Puh-leeze share pictures of your creations. We are sooo into eye candy .
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hello from central NJ! I'm a beginner too, had a few lessons but mostly self-taught. Welcome to the group.

Pat

Comment

Hey Lindy & Martha lets make a deal?!?!?!? I'll do the binding for you & u do the appliqua or pick out the different fabrics with the right color scheme.
          giggles
          Mary Ann

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! You will enjoy this site with the tutorials and all the fun we have. Glad you joined. Be sure to look at the wonderful creations in the photo album. Hopefully we will get a chance to view yours as well.
            Susan

Comment

Working...
            X