Bubby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubby

Hi Everyone.....I'm new to this sort of posting. I've been obsessed with quilts and quilting for as long as I can remember, learning from my grandmother on her treadle machine. The new pre-cuts and tutorials have given me a renewed enthusiasm and sparked my creativity. I'm currently making a disappearing nine patch from Sugar Pop charm squares and a layer cake+honeybun from Prayer Flag. Until recently I thought the only way to finish a project was to hand quilt it, however, I've jumped onto the machine quilted bandwagon and don't plan to jump off any time soon! I look forward to learning from you and also sharing what I've learned about the beautiful process of quilting.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Re: Bubby

Welcome to the wonderful world of quilting, Bubby. Enjoy yourself, learn and don't be too critical of your work. Have fun.

Comment

Hi Bubby and welcome from Canada. I know you will enjoy your time here with all the wonderful people on this forum. Don't be afraid to ask questions as there are so many knowledgeable here.

Happy quilting
      Monique
      Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Can't wait to see some of your projects. Enjoy the forum.
        ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Bubby! How near to the Lake of the Ozarks are you? My brother and family live out there...such beautiful country. Happy Quilting!
          Cynthia from NH

Comment

I am about 90 minutes from Lake Ozarks, more south and central. The lake is a good day trip for us. They have a nice outlet mall and good food everywhere. Good to hear from you.....Barb

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome Bubby, from PA! I'm new as well! Looking forward to seeing your projects and getting to know you!

Comment

Welcome to the group. I'm currently working on a log cabin variation that's been in the works for a very we are fortunate to have a guild and access to a few shops. I get a lot of inspiration from Jenny and her group and must admit I've learned a lot about using the new pre-cuts and new techniques. Their tutorials give you that little push to jump right in and get started. Don't be a stranger...............Barb

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Teri, Did you ever hit the nail on the head about being critical of my work. I have been trying to turn over a new leaf and get more enjoyment from the process of quilting rather than just from the finished project. It's easy to be critical after working so up close and personal on every seam!! I bought a machine a while back that does a sashiko stitch. Does anyone else in our group use one? I think it makes the most perfect quilting stitch for small pieces. The machine only makes one stitch but makes it perfectly. Barb

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Barb... no I've not heard of sashiko stitching. Can you show us a sample? And welcome..... we're so glad you've joined us.
                    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
                    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
                    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Hi Bubby, and welcome from New Jersey! Make sure you share pictures - we looooove eye candy .
                      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Post some pictures of your quilts, I love show and tell.
                        Happy Quilting
                        Daniela

http://pinkquotidian.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut. Glad you joined and hope you have fun with your quilting.
                          Susan

Comment

Working...
                          X