Have sewed most of my life but new to quilting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have sewed most of my life but new to quilting

I am 59 years old and have sewed since I learned in 4-H many years ago. A friend of mine makes beautiful quilts and seeing her work has driven me to learn to quilt as well. I recently made my very first quilt with her help -- a baby quilt for my new grandson who will be coming in July. While I know the mistakes I made in it, overall, I am happy with it especially considering it's my first one! Now I'm ready to make snuggle quilts for my 3 older grand babies as well for when they watch TV, read a book, etc. I have spent my career in education but will be completely retired as of December 2014 so I hope to have lots and lots of time to quilt. I am looking forward to learning a lot from all of you. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this.

Re: Have sewed most of my life but new to quilting

Welcome from Florida! You have found a great place to learn. Congrats on the new grandbaby - my first (and so far only) was what gave me the push to jump into quilting. I had been a wannabe for a long time.
    Donna

Comment

Welcome from central Missouri. This is a great place to improve your quilting skills and meet some of the greatest people ever.

Comment

Welcome! You will enjoy at all here... and if your going to retire... Let the fun begin!!!!!
        "Each day well-lived and Happy;
        that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Welcome from Utah Roxie, better get on the Substitute teacher list so you can pick and choose a day or two a month to work. You will need that little bit of 'extra' income for your soon to be growing fabric stash!
          sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Welcome and I am sure you are going to enjoy your retirement....quilting!

Comment

Welcome from Ireland.
              What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Welcome, I am a retired teacher. Sewn all my life,too but not quilted until recently. You can learn an immense amount of information here. Also watch Jenny's tutorials. Have fun.
                Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!! Please share your quilts with us - we love pictures :-)
                  Preeti
                  http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X