Wanna-be quilter / sewing enthusiast.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanna-be quilter / sewing enthusiast.

Hello all, I am Alisa and I want to become a quilter. I am a sahm of 3 beautiful kids and a wife to the most awesome man ever. I haven't gotten a machine yet, as I am saving for one, but I do dabble in a little bit of beginner hand sewing. I must say that all of the beautiful quilts I've seen on here thus far give me hope of possibly creating one beauty of my own. I know nothing about quilting but I'm eager to learn. So let the learning begin !!!!

Re: Wanna-be quilter / sewing enthusiast.

Hi Alisa and welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place. There is a lot of talented people here!

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

While you are saving for a new machine, consider a used/vintage machine. They can often be picked up at garage sales/antique stores for $25 or so. The older machines are much better than many of the new ones.
      Donna

Comment

Welcome, you are going to love it here. When you have questions, do lots of searches through the forum as well as throw out your thoughts and questions in a thread. You will do great. Good to have you here.
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Welcome from just south of you in ventura county.
          Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Welcome from central Missouri. This is a great place to help you learn to quilt. Jenny's tutorials are so easy to follow and they combined knowledge of all the people here is unending. There is always an answer to questions and solutions to problems.

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina!
              Jenny's tutorials are the best!! I have learned so much from them that I am as addicted to them as I am to the fabric!!
              We have some quilt shops here that let you buy a quality machine and give you 60 months to pay without interest.
              I'm fortunate to have a dealer nearby that does the repairs etc for my Janome that I purchased as a refurbished machine from him.
              This is a great place to ask about types of machines and how well they work! Wish you the best! I never regret learning to quilt!
              And you learn something new all the time!!
              sigpicMy friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Comment

Welcome from southern California.

Comment

Working...
                X