Hello from England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from England

Hi, I'm Jo and I live in Lincolnshire England. I have been a sewer on and off for many years but have been quite ill for the last two and lost all interest and ability to sew. I have recently come across Jenny's tutorials and she has revived my interest. I think I have watched most of the tutorials and have gotten back into patchwork.
    So far I have a half finished table runner and a shoulder bag done. I am in the process of making another bag for my friend. These are based on the tote tutorial but I added pockets inside and a fastening flap on the front.
    Newbies will eventually become oldies :icon_wave:

Re: Hello from England

Welcome from Glasgow.. . This is a great forum, lots of inspiration and help, show us lots of pictures of your work and enjoy the forum.
    sigpic Christine.

Comment

Thanks Christine, I will when I find my way around and learn how to post photos

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. It's wonderful that you are sewing again. Visit often so we can get to know you. Barb
        sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Jo

I am from Bristol originally, but now live in Japan. Coming back to Uk for summer and a few of us on this forum are going to try to met up at the Birmingham Quilt show beg August if you can join us let me know. Glad you are feeling better , and can enjoy sewing again. Jenny's tutorials certainly cheer anyone up and motivate them to try !

Comment

Jo welcome from central Missouri, USA. Having had to retire due to health issues I understand the loosing interest in things. I found quilting after retiring, although I have loved to look at quilts and dreamed of doing them prior to that. I don't think you will ever find nicer more helpful people anywhere that on this forum.

Comment

Thank you all for your lovely welcome. It's awful to lose your interest isn't it Bob? I thought mine would never come back, and I still haven't got my art back but I'm getting there. It's great that you are now doing what you dreamed of.
              Maria, thank you for the invitation but I don't think I could manage that, I get tired very easily now.
              Barb, I'm pleased to be sewing again even if it is only small projects.

Comment

Welcome from Ireland.
                What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

hi jo and welcome from Massachusetts
                  :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Thank you both.

Comment

Welcome from Switzerland

Comment

Hi Lilyjo. Welcome. Really glad to hear that you're back sewing. I've recently started up again after 20 odd years and I'm loving it.

I'm from Lincolnshire too hun.
                        Last edited by LorraineRob; April 13, 2014, 05:18 AM.
                        I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                        Lorraine

Comment

Hi Renate and thanks. Hi Lorraine, I can't say I'm a Lincolnshire lass, first because I'm not a lass anymore and second I was born in Derbyshire, but I have lived here for 37 years.

Comment

Welcome from Germany!!!!
                            Heike :)

Queen-of-Hearts - Blog: http://creativity-forever.blogspot.de/

instagram: heike_witzke

Comment

I'm not a Lincolnshire lass either, lol, I just happen to live here now. Much rather be back in Yorkshire.
                              I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
                              Lorraine

Comment

Working...
                              X