Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here and New quilting

Hello,

My name is Aaron and Im 36 years old. I just got into quilting about a year ago and fell in love with it and can't stop! I have taken a few quilting classes but I taught myself. I just finished a quilt for me 6 year daughter who will turn 7 Jun of 2011.
    I am so excited that it came out pretty good not the best but I love it.
    Any way My wife loves all the stuff I sew. I am probabbly the only guy in this forum that sews. I love it makes me feel great. Everyone loves my product. So hello from me. Hello from Morrisville Pa about 35 minutes north of philadelphia.

Re: New here and New quilting

Hey, There, Aaron.. so glad you found quilting and US... Just love it here and lots of helpers to guide ya thru any problems or rough spots.. Just a Central Illinois Granny who finally has time to do some quilting for herself.
    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
    :icon_wave:

Comment

Hi Aaron and welcome from Kansas. We love Pa. and visit there often.
      Shirley :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hi Aaron, and welcome to the forum! You're only about an hour from me, so howdy, neighbor!
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Welcome from Missouri!

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! Don't worry about your first quilt not being perfect....what first quilt is? Keep at it! Welcome again.
            Susan

Comment

Welcome Aaron!!

After I bought my first sewing machine, I was taking a class on how to use it...there were 2 older gentlemen in the class that also bought their first machines. Both retired and looking for something to keep them busy in the winter. A dear family friend and her husband both sew/quilt...they have a studio in their basement and work together side by side.

More men then you think sew...I think its fantastic! Enjoy your craft! Be sure to post pictures so we can ooh and ahh over them!
              ~Mary
              As ye sew, so shall ye rip.

Comment

Welcome from Alberta. My Husband does not sew, but he sure helps me pick colours, arrange blocks and borders. I am very glad for his help and his encouragement.
                JVO

Comment

To everyone here... Thank you all for your warm welcome. I just love doing quilts and thank you all for you help and advice.

Comment

Welcome from Vermont. Glad you're here.
                    ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

Working...
                    X