Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better late than never!

Hello!

I'm a little late in doing this, but I should probably introduce myself since I was the lucky, and very surprised, co-winner of the fabric give-away last week. I noticed several of you looked at my profile, and unfortunately, there wasn't much there other than that I'm from Minnesota. So here goes . . .

Eight years ago a friend invited me to join her church quilt group. I started out by tying knots. Lots and lots of knots. Over the years members have encouraged to me make tops. The first top I made more resembled an elongated rhombus rather than a rectangle. The top headed right, and the bottom headed left. After that failed attempt it took me several more years before I tried another.

I have since managed to turn out a few tops with better success. I'll try and post a few sometime. I stick to very simple patterns -- primarily using scraps with the mile-a-minute technique.

I've only made one quilt for my family. It was a t-shirt/memory quilt which was supposed to be taken to college for use in the dorm. I finished it four years later. My daughter took it to grad school this past summer. (In my defense, she was supposed to be "helping" but never had the time, so I finally just did it.)

I'm currently working on a Tardis (Dr. Who) quilt for my son. I'm stuck because I can't figure out a good way to do the lettering across the top (Police Call Box). I've determined that I probably need a sewing machine that will do embroidery so I can embroider the lettering. At least that's what I'm telling my husband . . .

I don't work outside the home, though I would like to. Unfortunately, I gave up my career when I had children, and I have found it impossible to get back into it (law).

I have two children and a husband of almost 35 years. My children are grown, in their early 20s.

I live in Minnesota, but wish I didn't.

I enjoy reading this forum. You all are very interesting, knowledgeable, and do beautiful work.

I guess that's pretty much it. If you have any questions, just ask!

Kathy

Re: Better late than never!

Congratulation on the co-win! And welcome to the forum, from Kansas. And just to help you out, yes you need an embroidery machine for that lettering! (of course there are other ways but why tell your husband that?)
    Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Congratulations on your win! Welcome to the forum from Alabama!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!!!
        Preeti
        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome from Ireland.
          What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
            X