Getting My Feet Wet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting My Feet Wet

My name is Marie and I live in Texas. I started trying to learn to piece a few years ago and even made a small lap quilt, but it was not very good. A few months ago, we started a Prayers for Squares group at our Church, with the tying method of each time you tie a knot, you say a prayer for the recipient. Soon after, I lost a 36 year old niece to the H1N1 strain of flu. I decided I would like to do something for her husband, so I did a large throw and put pictures of each of them along with some of their wedding pictures (they had only been married 13 months). It was a simply made from 8" squares and I took it to our meeting and to church and everyone tied a knot and said a prayer. Then my other niece saw it and said she wanted one. So I decided I would jump in with both feet. I bought a new sewing machine and started searching the net for quilting info, and found and loved this site. So much information. I have material to do 2 more large throws, but haven't gotten started yet. I look forward to interacting with everyone here. I pray everyone had a safe and blessed day. Marie

Re: Getting My Feet Wet

Marie, what a wonderful thing you are doing to help people remember their lost loved ones! Congratulations on joining the quilting world, and may your work continue to bring others happiness!

Comment

Marie, what a wonderful way to remember a loved one. I am sorry about your niece.

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum .sorry for your loss.
          love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome from Ireland.
              What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.

Comment

Welcome , haven'r been here long myself but everyone is great. My condolences on your loss.
                  Mary :icon_popcorn:

Comment

Working...
                  X