Hello Everyone - Mindy - The Determined Scrapper from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone - Mindy - The Determined Scrapper from Ohio

Hello everyone, My name is Mindy Adams and I am a mother of 2 and a wife to my DH Jim for almost 7 years. I have been a paper crafter for about 17 years and just started quilting within the last couple months.

I have always enjoyed sewing but never really learned a whole lot. Thanks to Jenny and the MSQC, I feel like I could do almost anything now. If I can sew a straight line pretty much anyone can.

About 5 years ago I had TOS (thoracic outlet syndrome) surgery. This was the worst thing I have ever done. Every second of my life since has been filled with uncontrollable, most times unbearable pain. In the past year I have come a long way from where I was emotionally last year. I am now learning to trust God again and trying to do little things to try and take my mind other places.

Quilting is taking me to that place for the most part. I can only do it for a little bit and then I will have to rest. That also gives me a little time to shop for more fabric. LOL.

Well that is just a little of my story, I can't wait to follow along and see what everyone has in store for me.

It's wonderful and a blessing to meet you all.

Blessings -
    Mindy The Determined Scrapper

:icon_wave:Mindy - The Determined Scrapper:icon_woohoo:

http://thedeterminedscrapper.blogspot.com

Re: Hello Everyone - Mindy - The Determined Scrapper from Ohio

Hi Mindy, hey, I started out playing with pretty papers too. I have only been quilting for a little over a year, but long enough to know playing with pretty fabric is just as addicting, but even more useful. Sounds like you are fighting some heavy battles right now, many of our members are. This is a great place for support, instruction, friendship, prayers, and even giggles. Sew glad you found us. Welcome, from Utah.
    sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Ireland. You will love it here.
        What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Welcome from central Missouri.

Comment

Welcome from Kansas City, Missouri!
            Lynn

Comment

Hi welcome
              From apollo pa
              Marcy

Comment

Hi Mindy and welcome from New Jersey.
                Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Good to have you here. Just browsing on the forum is good therapy
                  Karen
                  Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Welcome Mindy. Here's a HUGE (HUG) from someone who fights the pain game daily as well. I never paid any dues, I wish they would throw me out (wink).

Love,
                    Liz
                    Keep the Faith

dizzyLiz

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=1196342

Comment

Hi Mindy. Welcome from New York. I still have tons of scrapbooking/cardmaking stuff but since I got back into sewing and quilting, it has moved into another room. I think you will enjoy this group. It is very supportive, encouraging, informative, helpful group with lots of fun and smiles .

Looking forward to getting to know you.
                      Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Comment

Hello from Ohio. I'm a retired orthopedic nurse and know about the thorasic syndrome surgery...pretty major surgery! My surgeon didn't do it and only recommended it after thoroughly explaining how serious it was. God bless you.
                        sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

Welcome from West Virginia

Comment

Hi Mindy ,
                            welcome to the forum from the sunny (it is today UK),Sorry to hear about your pain ,quilting is a great way to escape many things and give your mind and body some time out ,Hope you can escape here often x
                            love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Working...
                              X