Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very new to here and quilting

HI I am Chris and I am really new to quilting

I am married since 1977 and we have 3 grown up sons, one living in Canada and two living her in the UK with their wives/partners and we are soon to be grandparents to twin baby boys - I have been playing around practicing on basics and this is all because my son said his soon to be wife loves antique style quilts..... now normally I would cross stitch a gift for a wedding but I thought well 'how hard can it be' bearing in mind my needlework teacher at school 45 years ago told me to stick to embroidery after my attempts at the obligatory cookery apron and tennis dress...... I have done a smallish quilt with pinwheel blocks and also a zigzag table runner also I have made a baby quilt with the disappearing 9 patch - not fab but the babies won't be able to see the mistakes lol - with the help of missouri youtube videos now I am doing the quilt for the wedding - I have taken the bull by the horns and have made 20 blocks half and half of some of the layer cake squares but I would like to do the four centre squares in a different patter and quite like the look of the card trick square I hope to get some advice and nohow from looking around on this forum and please if anyone has any easy ideas for binding I would be grateful as this is the bit that I am not that good at at all xxxx well better go as am being picked up to go for a coffee soon with a craft minded friend

Re: very new to here and quilting

Welcome from Glasgow Scotland.. . This is a great place for help and inspiration, where in the UK are you ?
    sigpic Christine.

Comment

Welcome from Ireland.
      What I make with my hands I give with my heart.

Comment

Welcome to you, and to all new quilters.....Jenny's tutorials are the best and will help you jump-start with cute projects before you start difficult things......Good luck with your wedding quilt! Such a nice gift!

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
          Donna

Comment

Welcome from central Missouri, USA.

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome from California
                Jenny has a tutorial for binding quilts, I can't attach a link but you can search here on the forum under the "Quilt Tutorials" tab.
                Have fun!
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Missouri...glad you joined us!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Clare View Post
                    Welcome from Ireland.
                    Where in Ireland Ann?? My 19yo daughter went to Cork this past September (and did not want to come home )

And a very warm welcome to you Chris!

Comment

Working...
                    X