Hey from Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey from Alabama

Hi everyone. I have just finished my online course with Jenny's online quilting class and OMG have fallen in love again with quilting. I loved the course and have made two quick quilts already and am ready for more!! I went to the MSQC website and found the quilting forum. I am excvited about joining and can't wait to see what everyone is up too. BY the way, Alabama is recovering slowly from the big storms. We are still praying for everyone as the cleanup will take many months, even years to rebuild. Happy Quilting to everyone! Marti

Re: Hey from Alabama

Hey Alabama, welcome from "Bonnie Scotland" so glad that you are enjoying your quilting once again. Read, and saw the TV pictures of destruction in Alabama the scenes were devastating, take care....xx

Comment

Welcome Alabama! All of us here love quilting. Glad you've rediscovered your love for it! Were you affected by the storms?
      When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hi there Bama...... and welcome to the land of quilting addicts. What part of Alabama are you in ?....... I have relatives there and the tornado was horrendous, though they were blessedly safe in their area. Thanks for joining us.... can't have too many new friends!
        ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
        Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
        (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Comment

Welcome! Glad you found us and hope all goes well for you and others in Alabama.
          Susan

Comment

Thanks for the wonderful welcome. Are you in Scotland, the country? The pictures are bad but the actual scenes here first hand are horrific of the tornados damage. Our state is recovering slowly, Too many donations of junk that I think people wanted to get rid of instead of help, like used underwear and broken toys. It is still very sad and recovery is slow. Anyway, Quilting brings me peace of mind and so much joy. Glad I am able to do it!! I am excited about joining the forum. Hope to learn as much as possible. Take care and thanks again for responding to my post.

Comment

Hi there. Thanks so much for responding to my post. My name is actually Martha too, but haven't used it in a while. Marti tends to fit me better). Our home was safe from the storm but friends and neighbors we not so lucky, The rebuilding is taking its toll on some, donations have become someone's discards, like used underwear and broken toys, which is too bad. It will take many months to only scratch the surface if some rebuilding. Keep prayers coming. quilting brings me such peace and happiness. Even from a long hard day at the hospital, i know when I come home and do even only a few stiches, my mind becomes at ease. Happy Quilting to you

Comment

Hey Mia, Thanks for responding to my post. I live between Montgomery and Birmingham in a very small town. Our town dog was famous for a while) Our family and home was not hurt in the storm but friends and neighbors were. It is sad now because some are using the storm as a way of throwing out old junk, mainly broken toys and old dirty clothes. Alabama will recover but it will take a long time I am from out west, New Mexico exact, and have spent many summers in cali while growing up. Used to go to LaJolla every summer. Love Cali!!! It has amazed me how many quilters there are all over the world. I am thrilled to learn of such a great famliy and am proud to have joined in. I love quilting and have recently learned to machine quilt instead of hand quilt my tops. It is wonderful!!!Thanks to Jennys quick quilting classes online I have made two quilts since learning and am ready for more. Happy quilting to you Marti

Comment

Connecticut? Wow!!.I am thrilled you have responded to my post. Thanks so much!! All is getting better here in Alabama. It will take a very long time to get things back to normal. Many people have given so much, but others are using it to get rid of old things, like dirty clothes and broken toys. It is too bad and very sad! My family didn't have any damage but several friends have. There was a camp my son went to for cancer survivors that was distroyed. They are rebuilding it, thank goodness. Lots of prayers have come our way and our faith has never been stronger. I hope you are not getting too much cold weather up there. I thought spring had left and winter had returned this morning with the temperature at 44. Luckly the sun is coming out now and warming up here. Happy quilting to you. Enjoy your day. Marti

Comment

Working...
                  X