X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindagie
    replied
    Re: Older Beginner

I was older than you when I finally completed my first quilt. You are never too old to learn something or try something new!
    Welcome and have fun!

Leave a comment:

• easyquilts
    replied

Welcome from Ohio!

I was your age when I started quilting..... I had spent a lot if time watching Simoly Quilts while recuperating from a heart attack... That show....wish it were still on..... got me started.... It 's never too late to learn a new skill....

Yes... Jenny's tutorials are awesome.... I love her simple patterns, that look complicated.... Jenny brought me back to quilting, after letting my sewing machine... all of my sewing things, actually.... sit unused for about a year... Her techniques, and great looking quilts made me want to quilt again....

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Hi and welcome to the forum from Missouri. You are at a great age to learn to make quilts!

Leave a comment:

• Preeti
    replied

Welcome to the forum. We are all addicted to quilting...some more than others.
    You are in good company

Leave a comment:

• beesquiltin
    replied

Welcome! I am in my mid 70's.........it's NEVER too late to find something you love doing and just do it. I'm so glad I found quilting, even though very late in my life. I've given my DD, now in her 50's, the "quilting pox".......and she is now learning.......and loving it too.

Leave a comment:

• Gina
    replied

Welcome from Alabama

Leave a comment:

• pattizee
    replied

Welcome, it's never too late to learn lol. I'm starting at much older than you.....plus those pre cuts are great

Leave a comment:

• Kgrammiecaz
    replied

Welcome. And yes there is plenty to love at Missouti Star. I am a precut addict. Enjoy shopping

Leave a comment:

• Quiltfreestyle
    replied

Welcome from California
    You should check out the shopping tab here & look at all the fabric lines they carry. I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Nanjb
    started a topic Older Beginner

Older Beginner

Hi! My name is Nancy, 56 years old and I am a beginner. I am also somewhat new to sewing. I have made one quilt and I am so proud of it! I took a Mystery Quilt all day class and loved it. My teacher is awesome. I have tried sewing in the past but I can not read a pattern, same with knitting or quilting. I have loved the tutorials. I am wanting to make a Shabby Chic quilt and would love some suggestions on what fabric to use. Thanks for letting me join.
Working...
X