Older Beginner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Older Beginner

Hi! My name is Nancy, 56 years old and I am a beginner. I am also somewhat new to sewing. I have made one quilt and I am so proud of it! I took a Mystery Quilt all day class and loved it. My teacher is awesome. I have tried sewing in the past but I can not read a pattern, same with knitting or quilting. I have loved the tutorials. I am wanting to make a Shabby Chic quilt and would love some suggestions on what fabric to use. Thanks for letting me join.

Re: Older Beginner

Welcome

Comment

Welcome from California
      You should check out the shopping tab here & look at all the fabric lines they carry. I'm sure you'll find something you like.
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome. And yes there is plenty to love at Missouti Star. I am a precut addict. Enjoy shopping
        Karen
        Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Welcome, it's never too late to learn lol. I'm starting at much older than you.....plus those pre cuts are great

Comment

Welcome from Alabama

Comment

Welcome! I am in my mid 70's.........it's NEVER too late to find something you love doing and just do it. I'm so glad I found quilting, even though very late in my life. I've given my DD, now in her 50's, the "quilting pox".......and she is now learning.......and loving it too.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. We are all addicted to quilting...some more than others.
                You are in good company
                Preeti
                http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum from Missouri. You are at a great age to learn to make quilts!
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Ohio!

I was your age when I started quilting..... I had spent a lot if time watching Simoly Quilts while recuperating from a heart attack... That show....wish it were still on..... got me started.... It 's never too late to learn a new skill....

Yes... Jenny's tutorials are awesome.... I love her simple patterns, that look complicated.... Jenny brought me back to quilting, after letting my sewing machine... all of my sewing things, actually.... sit unused for about a year... Her techniques, and great looking quilts made me want to quilt again....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

I was older than you when I finally completed my first quilt. You are never too old to learn something or try something new!
                      Welcome and have fun!
                      :icon_wave: Linda
                      "Home is where they love you"

Comment

Working...
                      X