Hello from "Bonnie Scotland"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from "Bonnie Scotland"

Just thought I would introduce myself, and say a BIG hello from Scotland.
    My name is Patricia, and I have been quilting for a few years. I love watching all the tutorials from Missouri Star Quilt Co, and picking up all their fabulous tips so, many thanks girls and keep up the good work. xx

Re: Hello from "Bonnie Scotland"

Welcome from Connecticut, USA! Glad you joined.
    Susan

Comment

Welcome, Patricia, from New Jersey!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hi Patricia from Colorado! My mother loved Scotland and I would love to visit your beautiful county!

Comment

Thanks Susan for warm welcome. I'm so glad I joined, everyone seems so friendly. Hopefully we will talk again!

Patricia

Comment

Hi Deb. Thanks your for me making me feel very welcome, everyone seems so friendly but, thats "quilters" all over the world!

Patricia

Comment

Hello EsGrandma, Many thanks for making me feel welcome, it seems that quilters all over the world are the same....."Friendly"!!

Comment

Hello Patricia
                From England What part of Bonnie Scotland are you in i am in Northamptonshire
                We don't get much in the way of quilting here in the UK compared to the USA & it nice to have a neighbour okay one country up but still a neighbour compared to most lol
                Hugs Janice

Comment

Hello Janice, how nice to hear from a fellow countrywoman - well nearly.... only a hop, step and jump down the motorway!
                  I agree, we don't (especially here in Scotland) have the same amount of quilting shops as our lucky cousins in the USA. I belong to a club in Glasgow (thats where I'm from) and we meet every Thursday so, it's lovely to see everyones efforts and amazing quilts.

Love Pat x

Comment

Hi Pat, Well i am sort of countrywoman as we been to Scotland many times & DH ancestors come from there
                    I will say thank goodness for the internet for shopping i do get a lot of my fabric from internet places even if it in the UK as normally it too far to go
                    I belong to a needlecraft group which meet twice a month but i take my knitting along as i can only manage to do my quilting by machine & there not the place to set up my machine
                    Your so right about the amazing quilts i am looking at different designs on my EQ as i have to do a quilt for my DD who getting married in October so trying to come up with something not sure what i want to do yet it a case of wanting something that looks very difficult & outstanding without it being too difficult lol
                    Hope you are not getting too much rain up there it dry here at present take care
                    Hugs Janice

Comment

Sew glad you joined our group!
                      Bev.
                      in Sunny Florida (aka Lightning Capital of the World)

Comment

Hi Janice,
                        It's nice to hear that you also find the internet handy for buying fabric, what did we do before computers!
                        Shame you can't take your machine along to your sewing group, we are very lucky in our group as all the ladies can bring their machines along (I would be lost without mine) to quilt. Good luck for your Wedding Quilt, I'm sure you will come up with great ideas
                        and colours, and will be fully appreciated when finished. Take care Love Pat x

Comment

Hello Patricia from Scotland! We are both new members of the MSQC forum. I'm learning as I go and you will too. Welcome and enjoy the fun and excitement of being with other quilters!
                          When life throws you scraps, make a quilt! :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hi Patricia
                            Yes not sure what we did before the internet in fact it was that & getting to know a lady who was selling fabric in the USA who has become a good friend that got me to actually do something before that i was just collecting not doing lol
                            This is a new group so it only met a few times so may be i will be able to take my machine at a later date but to be honest i enjoy taking the knitting so i can do it as there is chat going on with out too many mistakes lol
                            I will be off to a wedding today & i have done a quilt for that you can see that one in Pinwheel MSQ Method it a 1930s fabric & i used the MSQ method of doing the pinwheels which i think is great
                            Hugs Janice

Comment

Originally posted by quilter.martha View Post
                              Hello Patricia from Scotland! We are both new members of the MSQC forum. I'm learning as I go and you will too. Welcome and enjoy the fun and excitement of being with other quilters!
                              Hi Quilter Martha
                              I am learning the quilt as you go method well i have watched the DVD called Reverseible Quilts & waiting on the book of the same name. where are you learning it from
                              Hugs Janice

Comment

Working...
                              X