Hi from American Fork, Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from American Fork, Utah

Apparently, I'm not so new, but I forgot that I had registered way back in July 2013. I'm a relatively new quilter, since I started seriously quilting in October 2011. I have gotten pretty darned good in that short period of time, I must say. I have taken the Craftsy BOM 2012 class, and then Leah Day's Craftsy class on Machine Quilting a Sampler, and have even created my own modified Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt (Butterflies in Grandmother's Flower Garden) for which I won a third place ribbon in American Fork's Steel Days 2013 Quilt Show!

So, I'm totally addicted! Almost two years ago, my husband bought me the Accuquilt Studio Cutter (and five dies to get me started) for Mother's Day, and I was over the moon!!!

I have a quilt on my Grace EZ Frame that I pieced nine years ago, but didn't start to quilt it until four years ago, and am STILL not finished it. The squares aren't all properly lined up (I knew NOTHING about nesting seams back then, nor about the SCANT quarter inch seam), and it really LOOKS like a ten-year-old constructed it. I know I'll finish it EVENTUALLY, but when one has discovered free-motion quilting, and how much faster one can complete a quilt and get it into use, it's hard to drag myself away from the machine and get back to the frame!

I do have a question, though. Does anybody know where I can find the foundation paper that Jenny talks about in her foundation string quilt tutorial, that comes in 10" squares in packs of 250 sheets? I have searched on line, and cannot find this item ANYWHERE!!!

I'll be grateful if someone can steer me in the correct direction
    Attached Files

Re: Hi from American Fork, Utah

Hello there! Welcome!

I can't help with your question, but maybe someone else can. Lots of knowledgeable folks on the board.
    Sharon

Comment

10" Paper Piecing Squares - MSQC

Welcome to the forum.
      SandyWhite
      Ocala, Florida
      http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Linda, Welcome from West Bountiful, Utah! I have a package of those papers, I bought them from M*QC in the online shop. They were listed with the notions. I got them because they were out of the paper triangles I needed for the periwinkle quilt, but I haven't opened them yet. If you can't find some, let me know, I could send you mine.
        Glad you joined us, your quilt is so pretty too.
        sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Hi Linda. Can you see me waving to you from Salt Lake?

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Hi & Welcome from NC....
              bopeep
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!!!
                  Preeti
                  http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome from New York!
                    sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                    Sigmund Freud

Comment

Welcome from Oregon! We are actually moving to American Fork this summer after school ends My husband started working on Welfare Square in SLC. In answer to your question, I have purchased those same 10" paper from M*QC. And I love your quilt btw...

Comment

Working...
                      X