Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutorials

I have noticed since I have joined there have not been a lot of new tutorials.
    Is this common?
    Or how often are new ones out?

Mwilson602

Re: Tutorials

It seems to be that the new tutorials come out about every 2-3 weeks and most often on a Friday. They come out quicker than I can keep up with them.
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome to the forum

You joined on Thursday......I think the new tutorials are posted on Friday. I thought it was every week but it might be every 2 or 3, like Barb said. I can't keep up with them either.

If you were looking at the Quilting Tutorials from the link on the forum...I don't even know if they update those any more.
      Last edited by buckeyequilter; March 17, 2014, 06:50 AM.
      Shirley aka buckeyequilter
      I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/Missour.../feed?filter=2

Here you go
        sigpic

God, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
        The stash to make a quilt to help me cope,
        A quilt to give to comfort those I love in times of hurt, fear and uncertainty.
        And the courage to keep on sewing when life itself seems held together by a single thread of hope.

Comment

They've been coming pretty regularly, usually on Friday. Swedish Leo gets up a lot earlier than the rest of us, and usually finds them and posts the links for us. Thank you, Annika!

It takes a lot of time to do a tutorial, design and make the quilt, film and edit and post it, so once a week is a pretty fast pace for new tutorials. Check K. McEuen's user notes for links to all of the tutorials they've done for the past 5 years, it is an impressive list. Did you see the one on Friday for the tumbler table runner? You need the tool or a template to complete it. Many of the tutorials are designed to show how to use a tool or template MSQC has designed.

Comment

I did see the Tumbler Table Runner on Friday and I have all three sizes of the Tumbler's. Not to be bragging (ok I'm bragging) I also have mine signed by Jenny. She was at A Scarlet Thread in McDonough, Georgia, back in January and I bought a bunch of her template's that day and had her sign all of them, then went home and put clear packing tape over the signature so it doesn't wear off. She was so wonderful.

Comment

Ask and you shall receive. The forum is really very helpful if you are looking for something specific. You will quickly receive links to tutorials and youtube videos.
              Preeti
              http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Preeti View Post
                Ask and you shall receive. The forum is really very helpful if you are looking for something specific. You will quickly receive links to tutorials and youtube videos.
                Speaking of youtube videos - I have been watching free motion quilting videos. My big question still remains - do you know what is the easiest most simple beginner stitch when just learning free motion quilting? I did my 41 by 41 inch star quilt with a meander free motion quilting stitch. It turned out ok and I was pleased with it. Should I stay with the meandering technique?
                Thanks
                Catherine
                Life is full of loose threads - deal with it. :)

Comment

Originally posted by happy2travel View Post
                  Speaking of youtube videos - I have been watching free motion quilting videos. My big question still remains - do you know what is the easiest most simple beginner stitch when just learning free motion quilting? I did my 41 by 41 inch star quilt with a meander free motion quilting stitch. It turned out ok and I was pleased with it. Should I stay with the meandering technique?
                  Thanks
                  Catherine
                  I think the meander is the most useful stitch. It doesn't compete with piecing designs, you can make it as small or as large as you want, and it is a graceful curved stitch that complements the straight edges of blocks. You will get very comfortable doing it, but dont get so comfortable that you don't try other things! I'm having to kick myself out of the meander comfort zone to try new things!

Comment

Working...
                  X