Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to forum

Hi everyone!
    I live in Missouri and have known of Missouri Star Quilt Company for a while. I have made several quilts from Jenny's tutorials. They are awesome.

I sew my quilt tops then I run to my sisters in Iowa and we have a quilting party.....she has the long arm. Those are great times spent with my sisters. We quilt, eat, and laugh for several days.....then 6 hours back home. I have 3 grown children and 4 wonderful grandchildren. We have 2 dogs, a schnoodle and a Scottie. everyone has quilts, even the dogs, My middle son says forego all his Christmas presents for a quilt every year. He is a disabled veteran and has hinted a Marine quilt would be his next favorite. So I'm on the hunt for a pattern and have found a couple pieces of fabric.....so if anyone has ideas pass them to me.

I am a therapist and quilting is my therapy! I previously was a member of a quilting forum but am moving on. I hope to open a secret pal monthly swap soon but thought people would want to get to know me first. More on that later in the swaps.

So looking forward to meeting new quilting friends........

Re: New to forum

Welcome from California
    Lots of friendly helpful people here, enjoy exploring the forum.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Well, hello there! Welcome from Utah. Glad you found us, it sounds like you already have some experience, and an obvious love of quilting already, you will fit right in!
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Hello and welcome from Iowa!
        TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
          Donna

Comment

Welcome from Michigan.

Comment

Hello and welcome from Illinois.
              :icon_wave: Linda
              "Home is where they love you"

Comment

That is so great that you and your sisters have quilting in common. I bet you have lots of fun. I have 3 sisters but none of them quilt. I can just imagine how much fun you all have when you get together.
                Sharon

Comment

Welcome from Independence, MO. I have a brother who was in the Navy, Seabees in Vietnam, So I am taking the logo, blew it up, and am appliqueing it onto the middle of his quilt. He is from Tx so the Seabee is on a Texas flag. I am using stars and strips to border it and that is as far as I have gotten. JoAnn's have the military prints, but I wanted something different. I would love to see some of your quilts...

Jackie
                  :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. I am teaching my sister to cut, sew and piece quilts now. It's been fun, but my sewing room is just not big enough for us. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackiegross View Post
                      Welcome from Independence, MO. I have a brother who was in the Navy, Seabees in Vietnam, So I am taking the logo, blew it up, and am appliqueing it onto the middle of his quilt. He is from Tx so the Seabee is on a Texas flag. I am using stars and strips to border it and that is as far as I have gotten. JoAnn's have the military prints, but I wanted something different. I would love to see some of your quilts...

Jackie
                      Hey Jackie! Have you been up to M* yet? I'm in Independence all the time. DH and I both have family who live out there. We are up Northwest of that. My husband retired almost 2 years ago from the Navy. 26+ years. We are both from the KC area.

Comment

Speaking of military fabric collections there is a new collection listed on the MSQC store page " new yardage." The collection is called "Freedom." Not specifically Marines but you might find some fabrics you can use.

Comment

Jackie that is a great idea. There are several Marine prints, RJR I think.....also Navy. Thanks for the inspiration. After I get familiar with this forum I'll post some of my quilts.

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome from another Missourian

Comment

Working...
                              X