X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JVO
    replied
    Re: Finally joined!

Welcome from Alberta Canada. Keep quilting, I can wait to see the king size quilt.

Leave a comment:

• Loonwatcher
    replied

Daisy, welcome from Vermont. do enjoy the site. Love your flower and your story is very inspiring. Would have like ot meet your Aunt Lizzie.

Leave a comment:

• Divine Daisy
    replied

thanl you for the welcome, how lovely!

Leave a comment:

• Tssprague
    replied

Welcome from Ohio. Loved your introduction. That's a very nice thing you're doing for the chemo unit.

Leave a comment:

• Susan M
    replied

Welcome from Connecticut. So glad you joined and love your photo.

Leave a comment:

• Divine Daisy
    started a topic Finally joined!

Finally joined!

Hello everyone! After months of hovering, lurking,viewing tutorials,and reading as much as i could without registering i have finally taken the plunge!

I am english and live on the hills beside Wuthering Heights in West Yorkshire. My great aunty Lizzie who was a suffragette and my hero taught me to do patchwork when i was little (she also taught me to make scones but we will move swiftly past that as her scones could have been used as doorstops). She taught me many many things, most of which i have stored in my brain and revisited over the years.

Aunty Lizzie is long gone now but when i was recently going through chemo therepy i started to do patchwork again as a distraction and it felt like she had come back to me to help me through the treatment. Patchwork led to quilting which led to the Missouri Quilt Co tutorials and lots and lots of work lol. i looked everywhere in the UK for a Dresdon Plate template like the one you use in your tutorial and finally gave up and ordered one from your shop and what a great investment that was! i am dresdon crazy!

After several small progects i am now making my first King sized quilt to auction for the unit who treated me. It is yellow and green and about a third done now. i wanted it to be bright and happy colours and design because despite the seriousness of everyone's situation who attend the unit everyone there, staff and patients are cheerful and very supportive of each other.

So after rambling on for so long i will get to my point lol. Thank you Missouri Quilt Co for your site, tutorials and clever 'cheats' You have (especially Jenny) helped me so much in so many ways, not least to achieve things i would never have dreamt of being able to do. Aunty Lizzie would have loved what you do and how you teach it. i am madly saving up for one of your circle te,plate thingies! I so want to edge my chemo quilt with scollops!

Hopefully i haven't bored you all, i just really wanted to say thank you.

Daisy
    Attached Files
Working...
X