Hey from Canada Eh ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey from Canada Eh ;)

I think this is the first forum I've joined and actually posted in. I have just learned to sew in the last couple of years, it gave me something to do at a very tough point in my life (included in my biography so won't repeat here). I have only been quilting for a short time but I LOVE it. Recently in a group setting I heard come out of my mouth "I quilt so I love that picture it makes me think of how I could put it in a quilt". Wait(!) did I just call myself a quilter- yes, yes I did. Didn't think that would happen but here I am wanting to learn more and get better at this craft. I have no artistic talent so I think this is becoming a way of expressing myself.
    I also have developed a little problem--I am Diane and I am fabric addict. I understand that is common in this community so maybe I will fit right in.
    Anyway that is just a little bit about me-I hope to get to know you all better.

Re: Hey from Canada Eh

Hello from WAY SOUTH of you in Texas!! I can't wait to see what you make, Diane!

Comment

Wecome! Happy quilting to you!

Comment

I am so glad you found your way to the forum...
        Welcome to the Fabric Addicts Forum.
        Preeti
        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome form NC!
          Hello, my name is Rose and I am a fabric addict!
          LOL - Love it!

I have to laugh every time I see or hear that Eh. My mother's family is from Canada, and I grew up in Florida. When I was 13 we drove up to meet some of them for the first time. I remember my brother asking for directions at a gas station just outside of Winnepeg and throwing an 'eh' in at the end. Some of the locals got a good laugh out of that thoroughly southern accent with an 'eh' at the end.

I'm a fairly new quilter too. My sewing before this consisted of hemming pants, so I can't really say I sew much either. But there is something truly calming and peaceful about creating something and gifting it to those we love. I haven't made any bags yet, but they're on my list.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to visit, share, learn and make friends.

I remember the first time I said I was a quilter. hmmm . ..me? a quilter? I guess it depends on the day. But I have a real fabric issue-just can't get enough.

Comment

Hi Diane and welcome to the forum from New Jersey.
              Barbara :icon_bigsmile:

Comment

Hi welcome from Washington! Fabric addict, really?? Aren't we all??
                April

Comment

Welcome. From Louisiana.
                  Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Hi Diane.........you do know that your little problem might end up being a big problem....right?! We are a bunch of friendly enablers.....we will tell you where the sales are and the pretty quilt ideas can be found. But we all have that problem so you are not alone.

You might want to check out Jenny's tutorial for the baby quilt using a charm pack. It has lots of great basic info.

Welcome to the forum.
                    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina
                      ~ Tracy

Comment

Welcome from Manitoba Canada. I started with sewing clothes for myself, progressed to make huge children's inventory, then believed I could find work related after lengthy time without, well it drove me to fabric retail, wholesale fabric, then manufacturing, production factories, then enough for 1-2yr of UI.. Then, joined quilting to realise new tools required and more fabric, more machine, most of all ACCURACY! What perfection.. Thought I'd never pull through, 30yrs later I wouldn't miss a quild mtg for the world, the wonderful bond of women has pulled me through many dark days.

I survive cabin fever from ugly weather we get some years, and enjoy being home lots.. For now I can't seem to hurry the days till our Quilt show March 2014. Promised to save all $$ for that wknd. Demos all day!

So welcome, and surely you will survive your difficult personal days as we all here to listen, share and get go..

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                          bjsmith57

Comment

Welcome from Florida!
                            Donna

Comment

He HO! Festival du Voyageur & folklarama part of Canada-Manitoba,
                              WELCOME

Comment

Working...
                              X