Delighted Junior Member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delighted Junior Member

I signed up 10 days ago but failed to say hello. I am one of the quilters that has been "learning" for 30 years and still working at it. At 70 I am finding that I am still enjoying cutting fabric into pieces and sewing it back together again. Due to my persona life style I actually spend most of my time alone. Not because I have to, but you have minor disabilities sometimes it's a wee bit hard to interact with more than two people at a time. I have reading the posts and I find myself grateful to have this forum. I hope to be able to continue to enjoy each and everything that comes before me and maybe, on rare occasions, offer something, including a kinda of a witty comment.. I have a sense of humor that doesn't get as much use lately, What a wonderful way to use it now. Blessings.

Re: Delighted Junior Member

Welcome to the forum, Junior Member. I still consider myself a newbie on the forum even though I signed up in July 2013. At first I just looked around and read the wonderful ideas and comments. Then I saw a thread that caught my attention and I replied. I don't get on every day, but when I get a chance I read through to see what all is going on. I have only been quilting since 2006, and I agree it is fun to cut up fabric and sew it back together. I too am still learning, and this forum has wonderful people who help guide us along.

I look forward to seeing your witty comments, I love a good sense of humor.

Have a great day.
    Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Welcome to the forums. I understand the disabilities limiting interaction with others. I really enjoy the forums to keep in touch and have some interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchfabric View Post
        I signed up 10 days ago but failed to say hello. I am one of the quilters that has been "learning" for 30 years and still working at it. At 70 I am finding that I am still enjoying cutting fabric into pieces and sewing it back together again. Due to my persona life style I actually spend most of my time alone. Not because I have to, but you have minor disabilities sometimes it's a wee bit hard to interact with more than two people at a time. I have reading the posts and I find myself grateful to have this forum. I hope to be able to continue to enjoy each and everything that comes before me and maybe, on rare occasions, offer something, including a kinda of a witty comment.. I have a sense of humor that doesn't get as much use lately, What a wonderful way to use it now. Blessings.
        I like your name - 2muchfabric. Most quilters would say that there is no such thing as too much fabric. In fact, one of the signatures I have seen on the forum reads "She who dies with most fabric wins"

Welcome aboard.
        Hugs.
        Preeti
        http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. This is a wonderful place to learn and to get inspiration. Visit often so we can get to know you. Barb
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome to the madhouse.....we never ever joke around here!!!
              pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Welcome from California.!!
                I look forward to your humor, we can always use a laugh!! Humor is one of the nice bonuses on the Forum.
                May the road rise up to meet you...
                May the wind be always at your back...
                May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                  bjsmith57

Comment

Welcome from Louisiana!
                    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                    :D

Comment

Welcome from Orlando. I do not do much socializing unless with the kids so I tend to spend time by myself since becoming an empty nester last year. i too love this forum for thr friendships it creates. You will love it for sure
                      Karen
                      Life is short - Live everyday to the fullest

Comment

Hello there, welcome from Utah, I sew happy you popped in to meet us.
                        sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

hi and welcome from massachusetts. i can also understand being limited and being alone most of the time. i have been out of work for about 20 yrs due to disability. i can't drive and am pretty much stuck unless someone has time for me. i like to read and respond to the threads mostly so i feel less alone.so i look forward to seeing you around.
                          :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome! You will certainly find your sense of humor here as well as good companions to assist you in your quest for quilting. Hope that you enjoy this day. I know I will.Looking forward to seeing you around here.
                              Sewing mends the soul.
                              sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                              Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                              ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

Working...
                              X