Greetings from South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from South Dakota

I've been lurking on this forum for several months and decided it was time I joined in the discussions. I retired in January so now have time to quilt to my heart's content. I have been quilting on and off since the middle 80's - almost 30 years. Hope I can add something to the group. I certainly have enjoyed reading all your threads.

I have been a rather traditional quilter. I have either tied or hand quilted all my quilts. I am just getting into machine quilting. I have 2 quilts ready to be quilted. I also have several vintage machines.

Re: Greetings from South Dakota

Welcome

Comment

Welcome from Washington Barb! I spent my childhood summers in Madison...that is where my grandparents lived and owned a bar in town called Foley's. It's now run by two of my cousins.
      pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Barb welcome to the forums from central Missouri.

Comment

Yoo Hoo - the more the merrier. Welcome!!!
          Preeti
          http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
              bjsmith57

Comment

Originally posted by bubba View Post
                Welcome from Washington Barb! I spent my childhood summers in Madison...that is where my grandparents lived and owned a bar in town called Foley's. It's now run by two of my cousins.
                I was born in Madison! My grandparents also lived there and I spent my summers there. My grandma taught me how to sew on the machine. A group of us kids used to WALK out to Lake Herman to swim. On a hot summer day we were just as hot when we got back to town as when we left. LOL I have relatives there and go there quite often. I will have to look up Foley's next time.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your welcomes. This is an interesting forum.

Comment

I've been to that lake!!! My mom is still in Sioux Falls....she comes home next Monday. I see that they may get snow there again on Wednesday! Growing up, that is where I spent every summer. We'd ride the train to Wilbur and they'd come pick us up. Back then it was quite the quaint little town....have not been there in 36 years, so I'm sure it is quite different! My dad's family is Hofer, mom's is Foley.

Foleys is on Egan Avenue, about a block from the library. I spent a week in the hospital back there last time I visited, nearly died. Maybe that is why I have never been back! I bet my mom would know your family.
                    Last edited by bubba; March 24, 2014, 03:00 PM.
                    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

sigpic

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Comment

Hi & Welcome from NC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      bopeep
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X