Greetings from the Land of Enchantment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the Land of Enchantment

Howdy. My name is Barb, and I live in New Mexico. I started quilting a few years ago when a friend turned me on to the "Elm Creek Quilters" series of novels. After I had read a few, I got the urge to give it a shot. I had actually made a couple of quilts years earlier, but that was it. I visited a tiny local quilt store, joined a quilt club, and got hooked! I just turned 53. I teach first grade, and am a wife and mother of four. My youngest is getting ready to leave for college in the fall, so my sweetheart and I are preparing to join the world of empty-nesters.

I haven't ever done much with pre-cuts, because I really, really like pre-washing my fabrics. But Jenny's tutorials are so doggone cute that I decided it's time to try it. I just started a Four Patch Quilt with X's and O's from a jelly roll I bought on the Quilters' Daily Deal. I had a question about seam widths, which I just posted on the "Quilting Questions" forum, which is how I happen to be joining this whole forum business.

Re: Greetings from the Land of Enchantment

Welcome from Southern California !
    This is definitely the place to get answers & inspiration!
    Jump in & enjoy yourself.
    May the road rise up to meet you...
    May the wind be always at your back...
    May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
    Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina!
        For me it was Marie Bostwicks Cobbled Court series. That and a stash of toddler clothes of my daughters from nearly 20 years ago that I started putting together but was going so wrong I gave up. lol

Comment

Welcome to you from frozen Missouri. My daughter recently moved back to California after living in Estancia, NM for 4 years. Such a gorgeous state! I understand there's a great quilt shop in Corrales (Quilts Ole!). I hope you like it here. Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from another New Mexican you'll find lots of great inspiration and answers to questions here!

Jewel

Comment

Welcome from KC
              Jenni :icon_wave: :icon_evil:

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from the UK.
                love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Working...
                X