Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just joined today - don't know what took me so long!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined today - don't know what took me so long!

Found the Missouri Star site quite by accident - and what a lucky accident that was!

Found a tutorial by Jenny on binding and I spent the rest of the day going from one tutorial to the next! I really like her 'style' - so many other sites come across as having hard and fast RULES that must be obeyed - and Jenny is just the opposite - which makes you want to try anything and everything! The only downside is that I see so much that I want to do - and I have to pace myself or I'd be piecing and quilting all the time! (But seriously, is that bad? I don't think so!)

So I'm glad I've joined the Forum - because I know that I will find others who are in this to have fun and make some wonderful things - which I already have seen from the pictures that are posted, etc. And I know I'll also learn from everyone - so I'm glad to be here!

Re: Just joined today - don't know what took me so long!

Welcome from Illinois. Glad you found us and you will enjoy yourself here with great company.

Comment

Hi Rosanna. I'm a newbie as well and just like you I'm here because of Jenny's vids and it was a happy accident for me too, lol.

I've found it to be a great, helpful and friendly place.
      I'm not a complete idiot.....some pieces are missing!
      Lorraine

Comment

Welcome from Florida to both of you! I think most forum members ended up here the same way you did - found one of Jenny's tutorials and were hooked.
        Donna

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome to the forums. I hope we see a lot of you and your projects.

Comment

Welcome from Missouri. This wonderful forum is filled with wonderful, caring, and gifted people. Glad to have you join us.
              Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome from snowy, freezing Illinois! It's very addicting to stay up til midnight to see the DD. :-)

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts!

Comment

BIG N.Y. Welcome!
                    HA HA!
                    I beat out Irisgirl for a change...
                    If you're new newbie, I was in the same predicament. SO may tutorials, my head was spinning. I had the opportunity to take an interactive CRAFTSY class with Jenny, and posed this same question. Her response?
                    Stick with the basic baby quilt tutorial (3 or 4 parts), to get the basics down.
                    I'd add to start off with re-purposed fabric or cheap FQ's until you get your technique down,
                    There is a huge learning curve here. It's been nearly three years, and I'm just starting to believe I can pull off a flying geese pattern.
                    Stick around, chica! There is a wealth of information to be shared!
                    Last edited by New York Sue; March 2, 2014, 07:42 PM.
                    I really need to get off the exclamation point.
                    It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Thank you for your welcome. I absolutely enjoy everything about Jenny and the Missouri Quilting site and products, etc.
                        I'm beginning to think this is the 'happy place' for quilters from all over the place! I see you are from the UK - I love all things British! Do you ever post pictures of what you have done?

Comment

Welcome from Southern California
                          This is a great forum, someone is always around to answer questions & give encouragement!
                          Please post pictures or your projects, we LOVE pictures!
                          May the road rise up to meet you...
                          May the wind be always at your back...
                          May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                          Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. Glad you took the plunge and joined us! Barb
                            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hello and welcome from the UK
                              love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Working...
                              X