Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Canada

Hi
    My name is Bonnye and I live in Ontario in a small town northeast of Toronto. I have been married to my second husband for 16 years. We have one daughter together and I have a son and daughter from my first marriage. We have two absolutely gorgeous grandchildren, both boys. I can't tell you how much I love being a gramma! I work full time and commute an hour each way to work so I have little time to do my crafts.

Quilting has been in my family for many years. My Gramma passed her love of quilting on to her family (she had 17 kids) so my interest began at an early age. My biggest challenge is patience. However, I have completed several rag quilts and baby quilts. I am really interested in machine quilting which would make my Gramma roll over in her grave but I think it is really interesting.

I have been watching a lot of the MSQC videos on you tube and really love watching them. I thought joining this forum would enhance my learning and my love for quilting. I am on Pinterest all the time looking at patterns. I figure it's time to starting putting what I have learned to the test!

I look forward to chatting with you!
    Bonnye

Re: Hello from Canada

Hello from Ohio (USA). .I also have two grandsons and two step-grandsons....can't get a little girl!!! I'm retired now,but use to have to quilt only on the weekends when there was time. Quilting has been in our family for years too..mother, mother -in- law (now 93 and still quilting), but I've been doing it less than 10 years..although I have sewn all my life. I machine and hand quilt..and yeah, my mother-in-law is not a fan of machine quilting!...So welcome here, this is a great site!
    sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

Hello and welcome from the UK,looking forward to chatting to you
      love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Canadian. I hope you enjoy it here.
          Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi Bonnye...........glad you joined us! It sounds like you are already getting hooked on quilting!
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Welcome from North Carolina, happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
                  bjsmith57

Comment

Working...
                  X