Greetings from Ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Ohio

Hi All My name is Tammy. I am so glad I found this site. I am brand new at quilting..actually sewing in general. I always took everything to my mom to sew for me. After becoming a recent empty nester, I decided I needed something to keep me busy other than work. (I had a horrible time after my son went off to college) I went out and bought my first sewing machine (Brother Innovis 2800) still can't say I like to sew but I do love the embroidery and quilting! I'm hooked. My grandmother was an avid quilter and had always hoped someone else in the family would follow in her footsteps but no one had an interest. Sadly she passed away last year. She would be so proud I took this up! Anyway, that's my story and thanks so much for all the great info and tutorials on this site. It had helped me more than I can say.

Re: Greetings from Ohio

Hi Tammy,
    I love this site, it's so helpful, and the tutorials are fantastic!
    I have 2 brother machines, but would love one of the embroidery machines. I sell them at work so I get to play with them there.
    I'm also fairly new to quilting, my Grandmothers would also be impressed that I sew, cause I sure fought it when I was younger.
    I started working in a quilt store where I live, and it has been a fantastic place to meet people and get more great ideas.
    Have fun quilting.
    Tammy (AKA Sunnyok) From British Columbia
    :icon_wave: Sunny

Blog: www.threesmallfryprimitives.blogspot.com

Facebook: Threesmallfry Primitives

Comment

Hi Tammy, and welcome from New Jersey!
      There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Hi Tammy and welcome from another Ohioan. Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.
        Lola
        :icon_wave: http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w278/josews_photos/

Comment

Thanks for all the warm welcomes Lola....that's my mom's name! I didn't think there were too many but now I know another one.

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! I too am the only quilter in my family and I hope that my daughter and/or granddaughters will become interested. Let's keep hoping. Meanwhile, enjoy the site and have fun with the quilting.
            Susan

Comment

Hi Tammy!
              I am new too and I'm from Ohio. I'm new at sewing, quilting etc. too. Welcome.

Comment

Working...
              X