• rarerosered
    replied
    Re: Another Newbie

Welcome, from Michigan

Leave a comment:

• edwina
    replied

Hi and welcome to the forum from the UK glad you can join us .

Leave a comment:

• cindyinohio
    replied

Hello and welcome from Ohio
    i started out quilting by just hand quilting around a Christmas pattern, then moved on to piecing and now am fully addicted!!! I joined here because there isn't a lot of classes or quilters to talk to around here either and have learned sooo much from these quilters.

Leave a comment:

• Simply Quilting
    replied

Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Quiltfreestyle
    replied

Hi Nancy
    Welcome from California. This is the place to learn & get inspired. :-)

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Hi Nancy.......welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us!

Leave a comment:

• BobW
    replied

Hey Nancy. I'm a newbie here, but offer my welcome to you. I hope you get your grandmothers sewing machine back up and working.

Leave a comment:

• LadyGray
    started a topic Another Newbie

Another Newbie

Hi, I'm Nancy and live in Texas. Although I registered on this board some time ago, in hopes of starting quilting, it fell by the wayside when I got too busy with knitting and crocheting. But my goal in 2014 is to learn to quilt! I've done a couple very simple projects - two potholders for my daughter-in-law, and a hand-quilted panel quilt for a great-niece, but neither of those was pieced. I'm working on another whole-cloth quilt now, just a practice & learning piece, that I hope to give to a family friend. Lesson #1 - when you're a newbie, *DO NOT* use high-loft batting to quilt on a machine that's also new to you. :P

I also love cats, Duck Dynasty, reading, piano, and playing on the internet. I'm also trying to get my Mom's 1918 Singer treadle sewing machine (Model #127) up & sewing again. I'd love to be able to make a quilt on it!

Looking forward to learning a lot here, as I can't find any local quilting classes that are convenient to attend.
Working...
X