Another Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newbie

Hi, I'm Nancy and live in Texas. Although I registered on this board some time ago, in hopes of starting quilting, it fell by the wayside when I got too busy with knitting and crocheting. But my goal in 2014 is to learn to quilt! I've done a couple very simple projects - two potholders for my daughter-in-law, and a hand-quilted panel quilt for a great-niece, but neither of those was pieced. I'm working on another whole-cloth quilt now, just a practice & learning piece, that I hope to give to a family friend. Lesson #1 - when you're a newbie, *DO NOT* use high-loft batting to quilt on a machine that's also new to you. :P

I also love cats, Duck Dynasty, reading, piano, and playing on the internet. I'm also trying to get my Mom's 1918 Singer treadle sewing machine (Model #127) up & sewing again. I'd love to be able to make a quilt on it!

Looking forward to learning a lot here, as I can't find any local quilting classes that are convenient to attend.

Re: Another Newbie

Hey Nancy. I'm a newbie here, but offer my welcome to you. I hope you get your grandmothers sewing machine back up and working.

Comment

Hi Nancy.......welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us!
      "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
      Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Hi Nancy
        Welcome from California. This is the place to learn & get inspired. :-)
        May the road rise up to meet you...
        May the wind be always at your back...
        May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
        Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome from Ohio
            i started out quilting by just hand quilting around a Christmas pattern, then moved on to piecing and now am fully addicted!!! I joined here because there isn't a lot of classes or quilters to talk to around here either and have learned sooo much from these quilters.
            sigpicWHEN THE STITCHES ARE PERFECT....THAT'S GOD'S WORK

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum from the UK glad you can join us .
              love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Working...
                X