Papercrafter and Quilting Newbie from South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Papercrafter and Quilting Newbie from South Carolina

My name is Leah, I live in the land of warmth, except for a once in a decade ice storm, South Carolina, I came to SC via Maine 22 years ago so I can feel the pain of those of you who are having a miserable winter. I have 3 daughters, 5 granddaughters and 1 grandson. I have been a papercrafter for years, had my own forum for about 5 years, had a ball swapping crafts with other ladies from around the country, many are still my friends. I hate scrapbooking but love scrapbook paper, much the way I now love fabric, I use the paper to make a multitude of things, from cards to gifts.

This past November my husbands aunt gave him a beautiful sampler quilt and I studied it and thought, hey, it's nothing but shapes sewn together in different ways, I can do that, so I did. I came up with the bright idea to make quilts for one of my daughters and 4 of my granddaughters, believe it or not, (I can't believe it) I made 5 in the month of December and gave them for Christmas presents, they were a big hit. I have made 6 so far this year and have 3 more in the works.

Forgot to mention, thanks to Jenny and her tutorials that got me started right.
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Re: Papercrafter and Quilting Newbie from South Carolina

Leah I'm not one of the ladies, there are a few of us fellas here, but welcome to the forums. You sound like you have been a busy busy quilter. I wish I could make that many in that amount of time. Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob. I have no life. lol
      Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?

Comment

Leah, I can't get 5 done in a year. lol Welcome from Pennsylvania, we are still having bad weather. I wish I lived a little more down south like you. You will love it here.
        Ginger snaps :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
          bjsmith57

Comment

Hello and welcome from Massachusetts
            :icon_wave:Joan

Comment

Hi Leah. Welcome from Toledo Ohio where we are going down to -9 below today. I wouldn't mind living farther south.
              SandyWhite
              Ocala, Florida
              http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Hi Leah.........welcome to the forum. I believe you are definitely hooked on quilting!
                  "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                  Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
                  X