Beginner quilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beginner quilt

Hi: I am new to quilting what is the best way to start, I need easy and simple. Thank you!

Re: Beginner quilt

Have you seen Jenny's 4 part you tube video for making a baby quilt? It is excellent.
    welcome from Southern California where we are praying for some rain.
    Vernona:icon_hi:

Comment

Welcome!
      I would start with this. And then follow along with the next three videos. I would also share that before you spend a lot of money on fabric, I would get the technique down with reclaimed, or inexpensive fabric. There's a BIG learning curve here.
      Make a Baby Quilt - Part 1 - Fabric Selection & Assembly - YouTube
      I really need to get off the exclamation point.
      It may give people the idea that I'm bright and cheerful all the time....

Comment

The ?Double Sliced is another good quilt go learn on.... Very simple cutting and sewing.... I love it.

Jenny's baby quilt tutorials are great, too.... You can do the same thing with any charm pack.... Instant quilt!

Good luck to you... Be sure to post pictures of your creation..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Originally posted by vchale View Post
          Have you seen Jenny's 4 part you tube video for making a baby quilt? It is excellent.
          welcome from Southern California where we are praying for some rain.

I agree.........this video has lots of great basic info! Welcome to the forum!
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Working...
          X