Intimidated by my Bernina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intimidated by my Bernina

I have a Bernina 350 PE, which i dust religiously. I feel so guilty because i don't know how to use all the features.

My husband sent me the link from NBC News and I got really excited to start sewing again. I pulled out the manual and have vowed to tame the intimidator.

Thank you for a great site and the exciting videos. You guys do great work!

Re: Intimidated by my Bernina

I know how you feel, I bought a new machine two years ago and still haven't learned all the features on it yet.
    If you could choose to be anything choose kindness.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Comment

Use it or lose it! I did the same thing when I bought my Janome 10000. Never really learned all the features til they needed to be updated about 8 years later!

Comment

I can understand that. I am still learning about my Pfaff. I decided last year to learn one new thing every time I got ready to sew. Most of the time it's just using a new stitch. This year I'm going to conquer the embroidery part, and downloading designs.

Comment

I am completely the opposite... I have the "Need To Know Everything About It"...and I mean within a few days of purchase. This is one of the reasons I've never purchased a Serger...I'm too afraid I won't be able to figure out how to thread it and I'll go crazy trying.
          TODAY IS A GOOD DAY...TO HAVE A GOOD DAY...Genny

Comment

I felt that way about my new baby lock. But I decided the best thing to do was to start in and if something went wrong, at least it was under warranty. I was able to take free private lessons from the dealer to learn about my machine which was a huge help.

Comment

You should have fun and remember if you need help just google it!
              My New Bernina 350 PE Sewing Machine
              Have a Sewonderful Day,
              Mary T.

Comment

Hello and welcome from Louisiana!
                Peggy:icon_hug:

Comment

Welcome to the forums. Get that Bernina out and sew. You only need basics to start. Watch the tutorials and the try them out. It works pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by pstanich View Post
                    I have a Bernina 350 PE, which i dust religiously. I feel so guilty because i don't know how to use all the features.

My husband sent me the link from NBC News and I got really excited to start sewing again. I pulled out the manual and have vowed to tame the intimidator.

Thank you for a great site and the exciting videos. You guys do great work!

The 350 is one of the best piecing machines!!! It straight stitch sews better than my 750. I often switch back to the 350 when piecing! Go for it girly! It's just a sewing machine...just sew...you'll learn More about it when you need to. Take a class at your local dealer....if you bought it there the class is free!
                    Mary
                    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Comment

[QUOTE=pstanich;478393]I have a Bernina 350 PE, which i dust religiously. I feel so guilty because i don't know how to use all the features.

Thank you for a great site and the exciting videos. You guys do great work![/

Does your dealer offer classes? You 'l be fine....just learn one thing at a time.....

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts - funny story about my wonderful Viking topaz - I acquired it (used) this past August... ordered a 1/4" piecing foot because I wasn't confident that I could eyeball where the fabric should go with my usual foot. Ok, so the other day (like two days ago...), I realized that there is a quilt setting on my machine which places the needle over a hair, so that you have a 1/4" guide using just the regular everyday ordinary foot... sheesh... took me long enough

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum!
                          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
                          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I have a Bernina as well and still learning little things about it. Welcome to the forum from California!
                            Success is liking yourself, liking what you do, and liking how you do it.
                            Maya Angelou

~Megan~

Comment

I am the owner of ,shall we say. a few machines..,, I make it a point to sit with coffee and read, or get familiar with the book first... that way you know where to find information you need. then try out the stitches on scrap fabric... it helps with the learning curve!
                              also I keep the manuals handy.... to be sure I put the bobbin in correctly...
                              "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                              that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                              X