• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vivienne
    Shiny Thimble
    • May 2011

Vivienne

Hi! My name is Vivienne, I am a young (I think so) 73, I have never been on a forum and I am completely lost, I have been a quilter for a long time, and belong to a guild which I love, of course, leaving my friends behind when I left Wales and moved to Australia a long time ago (when I was 20,) then again moving to Canada in 1966, I have made new Canadian friends, mostly who are quilters and machine embroiderers, Looking forward to what goes on in this forum, I am glad to meet you.
    PS. What is a tag?
  • sally
    Missouri Star
    • Jul 2010

Re: Vivienne

Welcome from a fellow Canadian and BCer. Woo you have lived in quite few places over you short lifespan...not sure what you mean by 'tag" but then I am not very computer savy myself. Glad to meet you too!
    sigpic
    Old quilters never die, they just go batty!

Your Canadian quilting sister, Shauna

Comment

• quiltingtrish
      Banned
      Missouri Star
      • Sep 2009

Hello Vivienne! The only way you can get 'unlost' is to start poking buttons to see what they do and where they take you. When you come on the board, hit 'what's new' and you'll see new topics and topics you have replied to that someone else has then replied to also. If you click on a persons name, you can pull up their photos to view.

If you have any questions about quilting, just ask. You'll get replies to your questions.

Hugs,

Comment

• debinmalaga
        Missouri Star
        • Oct 2009

Hello Vivienne, it's lovely to meet you! Welcome from New Jersey. I'd love to see pictures of your quilts, once you get settled in make sure you learn how to post them. And enjoy viewing them! There is a lot of quilting "eye candy" and wisdom here. I think of this forum as my guild
        There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

• Loonwatcher
          Missouri Star
          • Feb 2011

Welcome from Vermont. Glad to have another experienced quilter to learn from. I just started this spring and am always coming up with stupid questions to ask you ladies. Everyone is very helpful. Would love to see photos of your projects. Enjoy the forum.
          ;)Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Comment

• EsGrandma
            Missouri Star
            • Aug 2010

Dear Vivienne, Welcome from Colorado!! I am not very good on the computer, but everyone here has been so helpful (Thanks Al and Sarah). Look forward to hearing all about your quiltmaking! Linda

Comment

• meemeecyn
              Missouri Star
              • Apr 2011

Welcome Vivienne. (what a beautiful name!) I, too, am not super technologically savy, but quiltingtrish is right....just go for it! Sorta like quilting, if one waits until they feel really secure, they'll never start a project! It is really fun to be connected with quilting 'sistas", to learn lots of neat stuff and to meet really cool people.

Comment

• Sandy Navas
                Missouri Star
                • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Vivienne View Post
                PS. What is a tag?
                Viv, a 'tag' is a word or phrase that you may add to a picture or anything you may upload that will aid your viewers in finding it by doing a search. For instance, let's say you have a picture of a cat you want to show everyone. This cat is named "Silky" and some people would recognize it by that name. The cat may be a female. She may be black and white. She may have 8 kittens. Let's say she only eats oranges, loves baby ducks, and swims in your bathtub.

You post or 'upload' her picture. In the tag space you would list: Silky, female, black, white, kittens, eight, oranges, ducks, swimming, bathtub.

Now, anyone doing a search in the forum or on the internet could type in any of those words and probably could find your picture quite easily.
                Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
                it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Comment

• shirleyj
                  Rotary Pro
                  • Feb 2011

Sandy,
                  Thanks for the explanation. I kinda knew what tags were but did not know exactly how they worked. You are so durn knowledgeable!
                  Thank you Vivenne for asking the question and welcome from Northeast Arkansas.
                  shirleyj

Comment

• Granny Judy
                    Missouri Star
                    • Apr 2011

Welcome from Central Illinois (along the Illinois river)... I am so glad you jumped in and posted. I'm new here and am trying to learn all the stuff. Those tutorials are so helpful for me.. IT's been over 50 years since I have been around quilts and quilters.. So I need alot of refreshers and ideas.. Just check out that Big Blue Line under the NAME of this place.. and enjoy pushing buttons. That's where I'm at right now.

Hugs and enjoy your First Forum!!
                    Judy

Click HERE to find me and My imagination
                    :icon_wave:

Comment

• Ange
                      Machine Stitcher
                      • Apr 2011

Hi Vivienne

Welcome from England, I'm also new and had never been on a forum before... everyone is so friendly and it's great to be in touch with other quilters. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Angela

Comment

• suzette58
                        Quilting Guru
                        • Jan 2011

Welcome from Northern Virginia. You will love it here. Lots of great information.
                        Suzette

Comment

• twnkeyes
                          The Guild President
                          • Nov 2010

Good day to you Vivienne from the Lone Star state of Texas. You'll love it here and we're glad you're here!

Comment

• Susan M
                            The Guild President
                            • Apr 2011

Welcome from Connecticut!
                            Susan

Comment

• patricia
                              Shiny Thimble
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by twnkeyes View Post
                              Good day to you Vivienne from the Lone Star state of Texas. You'll love it here and we're glad you're here!
                              Hey, who's from Texas?Born @raised in Mineola, Texas myself.Transplanted to Mo in 1980.Just thought I'd step in here to say new to quilting, been wanting to learn how for long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X