Hello from suburban KC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from suburban KC!

I have been a fan since the KC Star article last July and coincidentally that's when I became a quilter too!

I have many other hobbies like crocheting and scrapbooking, plus I am a teacher, so I don't always get to spend a lot of time sewing. However, I have made several charm pack bags and I love them! I am about to embark on a jelly roll quilt based on the Jelly Roll Race tutorial on You Tube.

I am in the market for a new machine at the moment (my birthday is next Sunday) and I have posted in the products forum for advice on how to pick a good machine. It is so confusing and I'm not sure which one to get.

I was lucky enough to visit the MSQC shop last July and I can't wait to make another trek up there this spring. It is only a 90 minute drive for me and it should be fun.

It is nice to meet you all! Have a creative day!

Jenn

Re: Hello from suburban KC!

Hi from North of KC. The shop is about an hour from me. It's a nice drive. I don't get up there as often as I'd like though.

I have a Janome and I'm very happy with it. I had 2 Singers before that. Both just basic machines, I wanted to do applique so I started hunting up a machine that does more. I found the Janome 4120 met my needs and my price range at that time.

There are machines that do a lot more than mine... but I've been happy with it to make quilts and do applique as I need it.

I don't really quilt much, I piece tops, but am starting to do some FMQ now and it works fine for me.

If you have a Missouri Sewing Machine shop near you, you can go and see them and drive them and fine the one you like. I went in time and time again before I decided.

Comment

Welcome Jenn, from another Missourian. I am on the other side of the state from you, just south of St. Louis. I love my Brother Innovis NX 450 Q. I have had 2 Brothers, and 2 Singers (both of those I took back). You will get as many opinions as there are quilters. Test drive as many as you can, and get the one you are most comfortable with. Don't fall under sales pressure. Check out the groups while you're here. We are having a get together at the retreat center this Oct.
      Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......
      sigpic

Comment

Hello and welcome from the UK .I am new to quilting and I was given a new machine from my husband it is a quilting companion by janome I love it,happy hopping and quilting
        love and hugs Edwina .x

Comment

Welcome from northwest Missouri!!! I agree if you can find a Missouri Sewing Machine Company store that would be a great option to look at several machines and test drive them. There are four around the Kansas City area and they do offer free classes with your machine purchase to help you figure out your machine and all it can do. I got a Baby Lock Symphony last month.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm a big fan of Janome machines. This is my second one. The first one lasted me over 20 years with never a repair. I still have it for a backup. My new machine is the Janome memory Craft 9500 and it sews and embroiders. I love it.
            sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
              bjsmith57

Comment

Welcome Jenn- I am in Kansas also and the drive to MSQC is the same for me. I have been out there a few time. I hope to go to one of the retreats there, but so far they have been during the work week. I have a Janome and a Pfaff, and like them both.
                Vicki C:icon_hi:

Comment

Working...
                X