Hi-I'm a new quilter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi-I'm a new quilter!

Hello all-I'm new to quilting. I was browsing the internet one day with some free time on my hands and came across the MSQC web site, looked at a few tutorials and decided to make a quilt--you all make it look so easy! I must saw that I am in awe of all the quilts I see. I am posting photo's of the 3 quilts I have made so far--I couldn't have done it without all the help. They are far from perfect-mismatched points and such, but each has been a wonderful learning experience! The quilts are made with lots of love and are originals! I visit the shop from time to time when I can and have always been greeted with a warm and smiling face and loads of encouragement! Thank You All!-Carrie

My first endeavor- a quilt for my Son-a proud US Marine for Veteran's Day
    My second quilt-a twin quilt for my StepSon who is majoring in Music in college-the charm pack spoke to me!
    My third is for my Daughter who is deeply in love with her Dauschund-Flash-I did a photo to fabric for this one and used Minky fabric for the backing--a definite challenge, but so much fun!

Imagine walking into the store one day to browse fabric, get ideas and finding the Gentlemen who Married my husband and me speaking to Jenny--had to get a photo!
    Attached Files

Re: Hi-I'm a new quilter!

Welcome to the forum! So glad you found us! And how lucky to find your friend and Jenny in the same place!

Comment

Welcome from Southern California
      Enjoy the forum, there are many, many helpful people here..
      Keep on quilting!
      May the road rise up to meet you...
      May the wind be always at your back...
      May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
      Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Welcome, from Michigan

Comment

Welcome from cold ...and snowy Michigan ( Brrrrr ! ) ( of course the minute the hot weather comes, I will be griping about that too ! ....love my A /C )

Awesome .....you did a great job ! Welcome to the forum .....
          Here's a list of all the tutorials MSCQ has done..... Enjoy !
          http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/usernote.php?u=3419
          Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
          http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Hi! I just joined the forum...have never made a quilt..but bought some charm packs today...so here I go! I love MSQC and all of Jean's tutorials...they r great to wake up to, to watch when I cant sleep and after school...when I need anbreak from my two amazing children! Welcome to the forum! I have a week off from school so I think I am going to try the charm pack tote bags! Thanks Jean for giving me a quilting bug! LOL

Comment

Beautiful quilts! Looks like you are a pro already. Glad you are here I love dachshunds myself so that one is super cute to me!
              To quilt or not to quilt?.....what a ridiculous question!
              Check out all things quilty at my blog here: http://www.sassyquilter.com

Comment

Thank you for sharing your quilts with us, they are magnificent!
                May your day be blessed. :icon_wave:

Shea Michelle

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Your quilts turned out so nice. Visit often so we can get to know you.
                  sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Working...
                  X