Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I just found this site yesterday and had to join. I'm from Oregon. I've got a huge stash that I need to dig into & deplete. My DH got me a Bernina 820 for my August birthday,retirement, Christmas & anniversary gift but I'm afraid to use it! It sits there begging me to put her to use, but she has a 'chicken' for an owner. Any suggestions on the best way to jump in & start using her? Any warnings of problems you've had with yours from the ladies lucky enough to own and actually use it? I'm hoping to learn lots from all the quilting ladies in this forum. Wife of Ron, YiaYia to Sofia & Kostas, Mom to Shelli (in NSW) and George.
    Karenn

Re: New member

WELCOME!! This forum and website have a lot of great ideas. Check out the Show and Tell page for ideas and to see what everyone else is up to. Also, the video tutorials are so inspiring! You're going to have a blast here. Welcome to the quilting addiction.

Comment

Welcome!! Glad you found us and it sounds like you have a lot of quilting in your future!!! We love pictures...so please feel free to post some of your projects....
      Michele

Comment

Welcome Karenn~
        I don't have a Bernina, but I can't imagine you have a happy sewing machine if she is just sitting somewhere waiting for you to hum her up. I'd go slow with the instruction book beside me and get out some scrap material and see what she can do! Everytime I use a different machine, I go very slowly with the needle and presser foot which helps to not break a needle if I have the needle in the wrong position for a certain type of presser foot.

Lucky you that you received one of those machines. I can't wait to see what you whip up for your projects with her!

Hugs,
        quiltingtrish
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
        http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
        http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? :icon_hug:quilting trish

Comment

Oh you are gonna do fine! Just take her out for a spin, and enjoy! First though, you should name her....I call my machine Betty. Not sure why, but I think it bonds you to it! Bahahahaha! Okay, so I am a bit ridiculous, I know.

I bet after those first few stitches you will be a pro! When digital cameras first came out, my husband bought me one for Christmas.....I actually left it in the box for a year, because I was too intimidated by it! ops: How crazy is that!??!!? Your Husband didn't buy it to look good on the table, So I say SEW! Have fun and enjoy it!

Good luck, and do keep us posted with pics of your many projects you will do! Congrats on the new machine!

Comment

Working...
          X