Grannyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grannyd

HI to everyone. I am new to this site. I am a retired twice wife, mother and grandmother.-Granny as my grandkids call me. Well the oldest granddaughter calls me Mamaw. The oldest and only grandson calls me Granny along with his sister. These three are all in their twenties - 2- will be 24 yr. old and youngest granddaughter will be 23 this year and she just became engaged. We are so excited. Wedding date 5/20/2015. We also have two great grandchildren.1 girl-1 boy. soon to be 3 and 5 yrs old. I am a quilter, embroiderer and longarm quilter. I try to design and make baby quilts to put in my hubby's great niece quilt shop. I am having so much fun. I would like to be able to sell a few more. That would make me happy. As I stated I am a twice retired. I retired after 30 yrs in the medical field. Went back to work as a computer operator in a middle school lunch room. I then retired from there and now I am a quilter. I love MSQC. I love Jenny's tutorials. They are so helpful and I can't wait to receive my first copy of "BLOCK" So excited that they decided to create their own magazine. I know that they will be a smashing hit. Thanks for reading my little New Member Introduction. Can't wait to share and hear ideas from all of you other quilters out there. Blessings for a wonderful day.

Re: Grannyd

Hi and welcome. I am also a Nanna to my 4 soon to be 5 grandchildren but unlike you I am fairly new to sewing and quilting. I am not very confident on FMQ yet but I keep having a go at it and it's not quite as much a shambles which is encouraging. Welcome to the forum. It's a good place to pick up tips and have some fun.

Comment

Hi.... Welcome from Cincinnati.... I'm glad you found us!

I am mother to two...in their forties, and have five grandsons, ranging in age from 18-7.. My DD has four of the boys.. What a challenge...... Four of the five call me Mammaw, which I have never liked.... I grew up with gramma and Grandaddy... The youngest calls me maw maw, which is cute, coming from him.

You sound like very busy quilter.... I love to make baby quilts, too, and have thought of spending the winter making them, then taking them to an established booth at one of the two or three very large flea markets near here. The worst that could happen is that I end up with a nice supply of baby quilts.....always needed..

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit

Comment

Hello and welcome from New York!
        sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
        Time spent with cats is never wasted.
        Sigmund Freud

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Missouri. You sound like a busy lady! Glad to have you with us....visit often so we can get to know you. Barb
          sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
            bjsmith57

Comment

Working...
            X