X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michelle M
    replied
    Re: New member seeking inspiration and motivation

Hi Elizabeth! You won't be alone in your addiction around here!! Glad your here.

Leave a comment:

• BellasQuilts
    replied

Welcome to the forum from California. I was a late starter too, but you will get up to speed quickly here!

Leave a comment:

• bjsmith57
    replied

Welcome from Arizona

Leave a comment:

• nhquilter
    replied

Elizabeth, in your description of yourself, I feel like you're describing me...late beginner...past 50...daughters (2)...grandchildren (3)...love fabrics. I want to wrap all my loved ones in quilts!

Leave a comment:

• Iris Girl
    replied

Welcome from New York! You have come to the right place for inspiration!

Leave a comment:

• pcbatiks
    replied

Hi Elizabeth........we can't help you with your quilt addiction but we can make it worse! Look through the picture galleries or albums....you will find lots of inspiration there. Glad you joined us!

Leave a comment:

• Lindagie
    replied

Hi and welcome from Illinois. I started out making baby quilts for the grands as they came along. It took me almost 7 years to try something larger. Just have fun with it!

Leave a comment:

• dwil23
    replied

Welcome from Florida!

You are in good company.

Leave a comment:

• MomGram
    replied

Welcome to the group. Have fun. 8 grands, you need to get quilting. LOL. I'm awaiting the arrival of my first grand baby in mid March.

Leave a comment:

• Pegger
    replied

Welcome from Louisiana ! Lovely inspiration here. You've got the lead on me. I started just last year at age 66. I love it. I tried several years ago to learn quilting, that was before there were quilting forums like this and these wonderful tutorials. Good luck and good quilting.

Leave a comment:

• shermur
    replied

Welcome from Kc Metro Missouri! So glad you joined the forums and jump on in and socialize, sweetie!

Leave a comment:

• Bubby
    replied

Welcome to the forum from Missouri. You will find loads of inspiration and ideas by watching the tutorials and browsing in the Gallery (just click above and follow the prompts). Barb

Leave a comment:

• kensington
    replied

Do you have a design board? That is the easiest way to get a quilt from blocks to being a top. You just take a stack of blocks, arrange them in a way you like them on the design board, and start sewing. In no time at all you have a quilt top! Some people sew everything in rows, I like to sew in sections when I can. Lets say the quilt has straight lines, I can take four to six blocks, put them together and I have 1/4 of my quilt top done that I can see. It inspires me. I make four of those sections together, put to of those together and you are 1/2 done. Of course, the two halves make the whole! I find this method less tedious for me than doing row after row of blocks, and then sewing row after row together,.

Jenny does rows and she blows through quilts. Your style is your own. Maybe put some blocks together and make a lap quilt first? You can leave it or go back and make it bigger if you like. Having a ton of blocks done... that's a BONUS!

Leave a comment:

• rarerosered
    replied

Welcome, from Michigan

Leave a comment:

• elizabech
    started a topic New member seeking inspiration and motivation

New member seeking inspiration and motivation

Hi, my name is Elizabeth and I am new to this site. I am also a late beginner. I began an interest in quilting just a few years ago at age 50. Right now I am a great block maker, but I am looking for motivation to keep learning new things and get these blocks into quilts. I LOVE fabrics. Some time I feel like I am obsessed with it. All right I confess I am an addict and I need help..... I also a wife, a mom of 3 daughters , and grandma of 8. All of these children want quilts. Time to begin!
Working...
X