Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from England

Hi

My name is Angela and I live in England.. I love all forms of sewing, embroidery, knitting, crochet and making felt. I have two grown daughters and two gorgeous grandsons.

My main hobbies were knitting and embroidery until I came to the USA in 2000, I was lucky enough to come on a 'mature' student exchange while I was doing a City and Guilds embroidery course with our local college. I visited my first quilt shop and was totally blown away with the amazing quilts I saw... I have been hooked ever since and I came straight home and made my first quilt!

Sadly my best quilting friend died just over a year ago and I miss having her around, none of my other friends are interested in sewing or quilting so the MSQC tutorials have been an absolute Godsend for giving me inspiration and it will be great to keep in touch with other like minded people through the community forums.

Happy quilting everyone
    x

Re: Hello from England

Welcome Angela from Canada. This forum is chock full of wonderful people. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Monique
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Comment

Welcome from Texas! I'm headed to England in a little over 2 weeks (along w/ my English husband). I love your country. Where are you located? I have had a hard time finding quilting shops over there, perhaps I'm looking in the wrong places? I'm glad you're here, all of the ladies in this forum are helpful and inspirational. I'm a 1+ year new quilter and I've received sooooo much help here! Again, welcome!

Terri

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Monique, the forums are full of inspiration, I can't wait to get started on my next project.
        Angela

Comment

Hi Terri

Thanks for the welcome. I'm located in Somerset which is in the South West, where will you be staying? If you are anywhere near Malvern from 19th - 22nd May, the Quilts UK exhibition is on and there will be loads of stands ... I will be going on Thurs 19th... Quilt shops are few and far between over here, my nearest is 25 miles away ... nothing like the fantastic ones in America though!! I usually go to the Birmingham show once a year too.

Let me know where you will be staying and I'll see if I can find out if there are any quilt shops in the area.

Thanks again

Angela

Comment

Welcome! Hang around here awhile and you will have a "to do" list as long as the rest of us do.
            “What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, is and remains immortal.”

― Albert Pine

Comment

Hello from Australia, Ange. My husband hails from just down the road in Portsmouth. We were back for a holiday in 2002, but he has lived all our married lives here in Australia, except for two years we lived in London way back just after we were first married. How wonderful that you caught the quilting bug in the States - what an opportunity!

Mary B.

Comment

Ange,

We'll be in Maidstone, Kent & London. We're also going to Paris for a few days. What's the weather like over there right now?

Comment

Welcome from Connecticut! You will find everyone here very helpful and the tutorials are great. Have fun!
                  Susan

Comment

Welcome from New Jersey!
                    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Comment

Thank you everyone for all the warm welcomes...

it's another beautiful sunny day, I've just got home from work and I'm feeling guilty that I'm not doing some gardening but I just HAVE to do some work on my quilt top... I also have chocolate! life doesn't get much better than this!

Hope you are all having a good day

Angela

Comment

Hi Mary

I hope you enjoyed your holiday. I often drive past Portsmouth on my way to Brighton to visit my daughter and grandsons. Never made it to Australia yet though!

Angela

Comment

Hi

There is a quilting shop called Puddleducks in Sevenoaks which isn't far from Maidstone and one called Tikki Patchwork in Kew Gardens in London, also Berwick Street, London W1 is full of fabric shops so well worth a visit if you are in the area. If you Google them you should find them on the web. I've been to a few shops in France but I've found it to be VERY expensive over there.

The weather has been glorious, about two solid weeks of sunshine and hot.. they have forecast showers for the royal wedding on Friday though so I hope they've got it wrong..

Hope you have a fabulous time in England

Angela

Comment

Good morning Angela (its 7.48am Thursday here), Chocolate, quilting, gardening AND wonderful weather. You're right - it can't get much better than that! Enjoy.

Mary B.

Comment

Thank you so much for the information, Ange! I've been to Sevenoaks many times, can't believe I missed the quilt shop? I'll check the web on the others. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X