Janome 7700 feet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janome 7700 feet

I have a Janome 7700 machine with the accufeed on it. I understand there is a 1/4 foot that attaches to the accufeed. I'm looking for information/feedback on this. Thanks!

Re: Janome 7700 feet

There is a 1/4 foot for the Janome, but I didn't see model 7700 on the list.

I have seen where you can take a foot that has a wide opening in it and move the needle over to where it is 1/4 inch from the right side of the foot. You have to take a piece of fabric and a measure and keep moving the needle over until you get it right. Then you will need to remember that needle position. You can move the needle over to the right using the stitch width function.

Good luck!
    Joyce "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!"

Comment

Since the 7700 Accufeed foot is so wide, I don't know if there is a 1/4" foot for it. Janome did correct this in the 12000 by making the Accufeed mechanism narrower. I have a first genration 7700, and I don't think there is a foot like that. Joyce's advice is good, but I just use the lines on the foot itself, and I can get pretty accurate

Comment

THERE IS AND I LOVE IT, RUN and get one!

Comment

Oh, and when you do, put it on and move your needle to the right according to the package (anywhere from 5.5 - 6.6!) then do some test sewing of strip joining and measure to find the needle position on YOUR machine (they can all be different. I happen to use 5.3). Once your find YOUR perfect needle setting, I suggest saving the setting under stitch 93. Then you know every time you want to use the 1/4" accufeed foot you should just select stitch 93 and you're good to go! I have videos on YouTube showing how to save your favourite stitch settings if you don't know how, among others.hope that helps. I adore this machine, have all the feet, and use all the features. Feel free to pm me if have any questions about the 7700!

Comment

Originally posted by a1angiem View Post
            Oh, and when you do, put it on and move your needle to the right according to the package (anywhere from 5.5 - 6.6!) then do some test sewing of strip joining and measure to find the needle position on YOUR machine (they can all be different. I happen to use 5.3). Once your find YOUR perfect needle setting, I suggest saving the setting under stitch 93. Then you know every time you want to use the 1/4" accufeed foot you should just select stitch 93 and you're good to go! I have videos on YouTube showing how to save your favourite stitch settings if you don't know how, among others.hope that helps. I adore this machine, have all the feet, and use all the features. Feel free to pm me if have any questions about the 7700!
            You de (wo)man, Angie when it comes to this machine! Thanks for the info!

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
              "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
              Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

I also have this machine and this foot and I LOVE it! I highly recommend you buy it!

Angie, thank you for that info on the settings! You are a treasure and I love and so appreicate that you share your knowledge about this machine here and on your Youtube videos. They have really helped me learn about and enjoy my 7700 so much more!!
                Courage is being scared to death, and saddling up anyway. ~John Wayne

Quilting is my passion . . . chocolate is a close second!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
                  I also have this machine and this foot and I LOVE it! I highly recommend you buy it!

Angie, thank you for that info on the settings! You are a treasure and I love and so appreicate that you share your knowledge about this machine here and on your Youtube videos. They have really helped me learn about and enjoy my 7700 so much more!!
                  Wow, Suzette! That is SO sweet of you to say! Thank you very much - you made my day! I really do love my machine and feel honoured to use it every time I do! I'm very thankful! I'm sure there is even so much more it can do - I like to keep learning and sharing as I do! I just got the ruffler foot for Christmas (Over the Kitchen Counter: Angie's Place for Cooking and Crafts: Ruffler Foot) and am so amazed at the beautiful ruffles it makes! There is a baby girl due in our family (no, not me! My niece) and I want to make her a baby quilt with a ruffle!!! Thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Hey all,,, do check out Angie's "over the kitchen counter" blog, it is FULL of great recipies and wonderful quilting and machine use info,,, this old gals LOVES her dearly!!! Barbara
                    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
                    that's all there is to Life!"

Comment

Working...
                    X