Kansas gal new to Forums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas gal new to Forums

I've been a quilter for a number of years but have not participated with an online forum before so will be interested to see how this works and pick up some new quilting tips, etc. Today I worked on a lap quilt using a pattern from the Loose Change by Kansas Troubles Quilters book. It is super easy and goes together so quickly - - thanks to the tutorial by Missouri Star Quilt Co that recently became available. One very interesting thing that I found out when I read the pattern book is that Lynne Hagmeier lives less than 100 miles from me. Shows you how much attention I've paid to the Moda line of Kansas Troubles! Really it's kind of embarrassing as my fabric stash tells a different story with many prints from that Moda fabric line! I have since found Lynne Hagmeier's web site only to see that she and Jenny with MSQC are having a retreat only 30 miles from me at the end of March! How awesome is that?
    I look forward to participating with the online forums - - a whole new experience.

Re: Kansas gal new to Forums

Hi Lana and welcome to the forum. Sometimes you have something really special in your own backyard and don't know it. Such was the case with the little fabric store in our town that carries beautiful quilt fabrics at terrific prices. I thought it was just another dollar store for a long time because of their name (Lucky Dollar). I hope you enjoy the forum and get lots of new ideas and inspiration. Barb
    sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Hi Lana,
      Welcome from Utah.
      So, do you think you will be able to go to the retreat? I can't imagine how much fun that would be. Glad you decided to join us.
      sigpicMiss Sheri

For me, it's all about Love, . . . Always!

Comment

Hi Lana! From one Kansan to another, welcome to the M* Quilt forum. I look forward to reading your posts and seeing pictures of your projects.
        sigpicMISA
        I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?

http://www.aprairiehomequilts.com/qu...ng-quotes.html

Comment

Lucky lady right in the middle of some great quilting locations!

welcome from Virginia!
          :icon_wave:

Have a wonderful day!

Friend me on Facebook under Kelly Howell Faulconer

Comment

Hi and welcome to you Lana. Are you going to the retreat........sounds like fun!
            "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
            Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

Welcome from Arizona
              bjsmith57

Comment

Welcome!!! I hope that you are able to go to the retreat because with those two ladies you know it is going to be a blast.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!
                  Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Welcome from Louisiana! How lucky are you to be near the MSQ????
                    "She who dies with the most fabric wins"

Ecclesiastes 9:10 "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom."

Julie
                    :D

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you with us.
                      Donna
                      MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the family.
                        :icon_wave:

Comment

welcome from New York
                          sigpic:icon_hug: Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
                          Time spent with cats is never wasted.
                          Sigmund Freud

Comment

Working...
                          X