Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Longtime lurker finally takes the plunge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longtime lurker finally takes the plunge!

Hey everyone!

I started quilting 26 years ago. Through some life changes, moving and raising a family of five kids, I stopped sewing a few years ago. With the birth of my first grand-daughter, I got the bug again and have rediscovered the joy of quilting.

For the hard part and one of the reasons, I decided to take the 'plunge', I just lost my 21 year old daughter to cancer a week ago. It's those life changing moments that make you want to reach out and connect with people and live life to the fullest. I also buring my brother in law at the same service.... Tough stuff.

One the things I did last week to get through was make a rag quilt for my 10 month old grand-daughter - it was her mother that died - from the same leftover material from 'her' baby quilt years ago.

I'm very much looking foward to being a member here and quilting all the projects I have dreamed about for years!!!
    Last edited by MamaLlama; January 14, 2014, 10:22 AM.

Re: Longtime lurker finally takes the plunge!

{{{{HUGS}}}} Welcome to the forum. So sorry for your loss. May you find healing as you quilt.

Comment

((hugs))... welcome to our forum...I hope this forum is just the sort of distraction you are looking for. Quilting can heal the soul, hopefully doing so for your sweet grandbaby will help to ease some of your pain from your tragic loss....

Comment

Welcome from "Snowy" Michigan (((Hugs))) So sorry for your loss .
        Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
        http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum. So very sorry about the loss of your daughter & your brother in law............hoping the quilting will just the right kind of therapy to comfort your heart.

We spent a couple of days in Austin this past spring......pretty area.
          "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
          Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Comment

a hearty welcome from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. I hope you find lots of comfort in quilting and also a lot of friends on this forum. Letting some loved persons go is so very hard, especially one of your own children. But maybe or hopefully this forum is able to help you.
            sigpicgreetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Michèle

Comment

Hi, ManaLlama, and welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you are finding a creative way to help you. We have members who are going through the very same thing right now. Visit often so we can get to know you. Barb
              sigpicwww.whisperofrose.blogspot.com

Scottie Mom Barb

Comment

Welcome MamaLlama,

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've found this forum to be full of inspiration in all aspects of life. I hope you find that to be true also.

Sue

Comment

Very sorry for your loss. Welcome to the forums. I hope you can find healing through quilting. This is a very supportive bunch of people.
                  Loosely based on a true story.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm so sorry for your loss and I hope you find comfort in quilting and here as well. (((HUGS)))
                    *~* Myrna *~*
                    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Comment

Hello and welcome from North Carolina where the weather can't make it's mind up.
                      While I am so saddened to read of your losses, I am encouraged by the reminder that it is sometimes these life changing events can pull us up and out.

I look forward to seeing you around here on a regular basis!
                      Sewing mends the soul.
                      sigpic

Do the math; count your blessings
                      Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
                      ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Comment

So very sorry to hear the news about your daughter. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}} Praying that God will supply your every need for comfort and strength over the coming months and years. Enjoy that little grandbaby! And welcome!

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum, glad to have you with us.
                          Donna
                          MSQC: Where Strangers become Friends and Friends become Family!

"The soul would have no rainbows, if the eyes had no tears."native American wisdom

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                            I can't imagine a more painful thing than losing a child. My heart goes out to you!
                            You'll find plenty of loving supportive people on this forum, I hope that will help you in healing.
                            May the road rise up to meet you...
                            May the wind be always at your back...
                            May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                            Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

Hello. Welcome. So saddened by your loss. Making a quilt for your granddaughter from the scraps of her mothers quilt is a wonderful thing. Happy to see you here.
                              SandyWhite
                              Ocala, Florida
                              http://handpiecing.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X